Shinobu X Male Reader (Angst): A New Threat

*Somewhere in a run down hospital operation room in an unknown location. 2 hooded figures wearing a similar lab outfit stood side by side*

“Our first test subject with the blue spider lily has died.” A woman with a curved figure stood in the middle of the room next to an operating table slightly splattered with fresh blood while a human subject laid on the table. There was a man standing next to her while the experiment took place recording the results on the body chart, crossing the areas where they cut into the skin. The experiment was to create a serum that would make the demons permanently immune to the sun being able to blend in with humans. The human lying on the operating table struggled for a while before his arm went limp. 

“The 100th failure this week” The man shut his red slit eyes tapping his writing tool onto the clipboard impatiently. The surgical lights reflected off the woman’s pale skin. They were desperate after numerous failed attempts, turning to the doctor that was well versed in demon physiology. “As long as...he...keeps his end of the bargain and supplies us with human males, all experiments are endless. But there is one more attempt we can try…” She laughed as she began to narrow her eyes at her schemes. 

“And what will that be?” The male questioned, staring at his colleague waiting to hear what she was about to say. The woman opened her mouth to speak. 

"There is a well known doctor currently living in Tokyo. Perhaps with a little cooperation from her we could counteract the weakness." The female began laughing as if she thought her scheme was unbreakable.  "Then perhaps we will truly blend in with humans." 

"And how do you get her cooperation…" The man questioned as he began poking holes in her plan. 

"Be patient my child, there is nothing more evil than to watch your loved ones suffer by the hands of demons" She laughed as she started to imagine the fruit of her plans. "We will watch her from the shadows." 

_______________

*Tamayo’s Home and Clinic in Asakusa*

Ever since Muzan’s death Tamayo’s eyes were shining with a glint of hope finally avenging the death of her husband and her children after running on a rampage when Muzan turned her into a demon. For a little while she felt confused after becoming a human again questioning herself if she should open up her home as a hospital clinic or if she should have a career change, but amongst the confusion she found happiness. Happiness of a new family despite her loss of her own, Yushiro who was like family to her, and Y/N was like a son to her who delivered him and watched him grow up. And despite the tension between Shinobu and Yushiro while cooperating in demonology research, Shinobu became a daughter in law to her who began treating her as if she were Shinobu’s mother.

Tamayo was in her study room placing a tray of cat food feeding her pet cat Chachamaru, a cute cat patterned with black and light brownish with a pair of large black eyes, the backpack it previously carried was no longer there. She had previously used her cat as a research messenger collecting demon blood from different samples over a period of time. And since Muzan died everything came to a halt and demon research was temporarily put to a stop. She then stood up turning to continue cleaning her bookshelf. She needed a bucket of water to clean the dust off her leather books. 

“Yushiro kun, please bring me a bucket of water.” Tamayo asked Yushiro for his help. 

“Tamayo sama of course.” Yushiro smiled and turned away to fill the bucket with water. “I’ll be back with a bucket with water.” Yushiro had always developed a romantic feeling towards his master Tamayo and his love for her was never reciprocated because she felt like Yushiro was replacing her deceased family over time. Because of her deceased family she gained and created a new family and her deceased family would always be part of her. For the first time, Yushiro noticed Tamayo’s genuine smiling face. Her deceased family no longer stresses her.