Shinobu X Male Reader (Fluff): Heart Ache Proposals

Shinobu pushed the wheeled stretcher into the trauma bay, shouting and barking orders and her team was busy placing IV’s, monitor leads, oxygen and additional medical equipment, once again worried her Y/N would be taken from her. She pushed some drugs into his blood attempting to reverse the damage. Y/N’s panicking had stopped, his hand that was clutching his chest in pain also stopped. 

Shinobu placed an ear on his chest listening to the beats of his heart making sure the beats on his chest sounded regular. She stood upright and stayed by his side. 

"Y/N! Wake up!" She pleaded, placing her hand on his chest. She dug her head into his chest with dry tears on her cheeks. The sounds of his heart beats was the only sound that was soothing her rage. She wiped the tears on her sleeve and clutched his patient uniform, folding the fabric into her fist. “I’m sorry I neglected you. I’m so selfish only thinking about myself. I was blinded by revenge and perhaps you were right.” She dug her face closer to his chest, her mind clouded with guilt that she had neglected her love. “You didn’t even care that I neglected you and stayed by my side the entire time.”

“I overheard mom talking about your heart problem when you were young, she said you were born with a heart defect and you didn’t have long to live. The doctors at the clinic refused to treat you. And because of this I wanted to be a doctor to heal you.” 

“And now your heart problems came back…” She sniffed and wiped her tears. 

“Shi-Shino chan…” Y/N mumbled, woken up by the sounds of her sniffles. He rubbed his eyes to register the place he was staying at; he was inside Shinobu and Y/N’s shared bedroom placed on a futon bed. “What happened? Did I pass out?” He rubbed his eyes again, mumbling in between consciousness. 

“Y/N!” Shinobu pushed him back onto the bed. “You just had a heart attack when we were picking up herbs, do you not remember?” Shinobu asked, panicking over her love wiping a sweat on his brow. 

____________________

Shinobu held Y/N’s hand as they walked into Tamayo’s clinic in Asakusa, as they stopped she felt her love’s hand tremble, terrified at the thought of consulting Tamayo for his heart condition. And because of that Shinobu held his hand the entire way. He was like an injured pet in need of assistance, Shinobu comforting him mimicking how Y/N comforted Shinobu when the doctors fixed her dislocated ankle. 

“Tamayo san…” Shinobu greeted Tamayo at the door, she had just opened up her consultation shop with her partner Shinobu. Business was booming as usual, and the most sold item was a cold and flu mixed formula that every patient that went to their store loved, it wasn’t as bitter as the traditional medicine that was used to brew cold and flu medication. 

Y/N’s eyes wandered around the medicine shop as he followed Shinobu and Y/N into the consultation room. There were jars of medicine on the shelves for each illness, customers handing in their prescriptions to the pharmacy, he pressed a finger to his lips curious as to what they were. They were improved medicine formulas made by Shinobu and Tamayo in their earlier lives, his eyes gleamed at how smart his girlfriend and adoptive mother were as he continued following Shinobu, eyes staring at the jars of medicine. 

____________________

“Shino chan! Shino chan!” Y/N called out to his girlfriend, while she began to strap him onto a specialised bed, placing twelve electro leads onto his chest. And when she did, memories of him forgetting Shinobu flooded his mind. He loves her and panicked at the thought of losing his memories again.