Shinobu X Male Reader (Fluff): Healing Memories

Here it is another fluff chapter.

Y/N was laying sideways half naked on a medical bed, wearing the trousers of the hospital uniform. Shinobu was inspecting his wounds, her eyes staring at the scar where her sword went through his body. The area where Shinobu stitched up was starting to develop thick scar tissue on his wound, a lump was developing contrasting the smooth skin around the lump. 

“I’m going to have to do a small operation to remove the raised scar” Shinobu told him softly, running her fingers through the scar. She sat Y/N down and explained the process of his surgery making sure he understood each step. But Y/N being uneducated as he failed to understand what Shinobu was telling him, he felt as if the medical jargon was some kind of otherworldly language even though Shinobu was talking in Japanese the entire time. He hung his finger on his lips with confusion, tilting his head slightly to the side like a dog. Shinobu dumbed down her medical jargon into words that Y/N was able to understand. Shinobu explained that it was a hypertrophic scar. The scar that needed the surgery was where Shinobu’s sword went through Y/N’s body. 

Shinobu placed her finger to her lips. “Well...simply put when your body is repairing the wounds from trauma, sometimes it overcompensates by forming more layers to protect your body.” There’s only one thing that can treat this. Shinobu smiled raising her hand to show a metallic scalpel in her hand. 

_______________

When Y/N woke up, he was placed in an individual room for half day postoperative observation to monitor the effects of Shinobu's new anesthesia formula. She created a formula that was less addictive and more effective to pain tolerance during surgery. Y/N blinked when he sat up on the hospital bed, his hand clutching his head in pain. Shinobu pushed him down on the bed. There on his wound was a piece of bandage wrapped snugly around his torso. 

“Y/N how are you feeling?” Shinobu placed her hand on Y/N’s skin to check for indications of a fever that was from a surgical infection. “Do you have a fever?” Shinobu kissed him on the forehead.  “Do you know who I am?” She asked worried if Y/N had forgotten her. 

“Shi-Shino chan…” Y/N mumbled his vision still blurry from the effects of the anesthesia, he blinked  and rubbed his eyes. There in front of him was Aoi and Shinobu looking at him like he was a pet in need of assistance. His eyes glanced towards Aoi who had a hot cup of medicine in her hand. 

"Niisan!" Aoi called out to her older brother figure placing the medicine on a tablet next to him. Fussing over his surgical wound. “Niisan are you hurt? How are you feeling?” She started to pamper him. Massaging him from head to toe attempting to make him feel comfortable. 

“Hmmmm…” He mumbled, still groggy from the anesthesia unconsciously scratching the wound that was covered by a surgical gauze wrapped by bandages, an itchy feeling to indicate that the wound was healing. 

“Y/N! No!” Shinobu placed a hand over his wound to stop Y/N from scratching it. Since Y/N still felt some irritation at the surgical area he wanted to scratch it so he scratched the back of Shinobu’s hand. “You're going to break the stitches…” She made Y/N comfortable and applied anti bacterial and itching topical ointment to the wound. 

“Niisan you should eat something…” Aoi placed a tray of food on his table, it was hospital food. It was just plain regular miso soup, grain rice with some boiled vegetables and meat that Y/N hated. He had been starved of good juicy good food from Aoi and Shinobu’s cooking. With the help of Shinobu, Y/N sat upright and took the pair of chopsticks in his hand. But when he gripped it, his hand weakened as it slipped out from his hands onto the wooden floor below.