Shinobu X Male Reader (Angst): Becoming a demon

Shinobu looked awful in her sleep. She had bloodshot eyes and tear marks on her sleeping robe. She wiped a tear halfway down and mumbled her boyfriend's name before falling into deep sleep once more. Shinobu was dreaming about their final fight with Kibitsuji Muzan. What would happen if the fight with Muzan had ended differently? Her thoughts resounded at the back of her mind.
*********************
It was almost sunrise and the fight with Muzan had almost come to an end. He was in his final form that resembled a gigantic demon baby rampaging in the streets crawling his way like a coward to hide from the sunlight, nails digging into the ground to hide from the sun.

"The ground!" Himejima yelled out as he noticed Muzan trying to bury himself into the soil. "He's trying to dig through the soil! Use all your strength to restrain him!" Himejima ordered as he threw his chain around Muzan's neck while the Kakushi pulled, restraining his movements.

The Pillars immediately heard Himejima's loud voice and stood up even with their injuries. Giyuu was a little dizzy from too much blood loss, Sanemi the wind pillar had several deep cuts on his back and torso and Shinobu was kneeling down catching her breath from the tremendous strength required as a breath of ice user. Y/N on the other hand was struggling to get up, weak from the medicine he used in his revenge plan and the injuries he got from his fight with Upper moon 2. He weakly raised his head staring at the destruction Muzan had caused.  When he looked to his right he noticed Mitsuri slouching by a wall of a house, her body littered with wounds. Rengoku had collapsed on the floor missing an arm. The other Pillars were in a similar condition.

Y/N knew he was the only one who could stop Muzan. "Pig Assault" Y/N mumbled before head diving towards Muzan, his head made contact with Muzan's ugly form causing them to crash into the bus that was used to stop and pin Muzan. And because of the force of impact to the bus they crashed into collapsed on top of Y/N and Muzan.

"Y/N!" Shinobu screamed attempting to run to her love but before she could she was stopped by Giyuu.

"Stop! Kocho, Y/N is dead!" He gripped her uninjured shoulder, forcing Shinobu to believe something that she couldn't accept.

Shinobu pushed Giyuu aside, unable to accept the fact that Y/N was squished under the bus, she ran to it digging out the rubble from underneath the bus, the Kakushi helped Shinobu pull Y/N's body out. When Shinobu gave him a quick examination but there was no flicker of life remaining. There was no pulse and heartbeat. Nothing but silence and grief filled the air.

Shinobu propped up Y/N by his armpits with the help of the Kakushi dressing his wounds stitching them closed to help her boyfriend's lacerated body. She wanted him to look good even in his death.
____________________

When Y/N shut his eyes, he saw two mutilated bodies lying in a puddle of blood hugging each other at the Butterfly Estate. Y/N felt useless, he was useless. If he had been there things have turned out different. But so what? Even if he was there what could he have done? He would probably have been ripped to shreds since he was so weak back then. Y/N clenched his teeth, the flesh like substance from Muzan started to enwrap his body indicating that Muzan had taken over his form.

All the bitterness and weakness he repressed over the years had taken a toll of him. His weakness was what killed Shinobu's parents and sister. Deep down Y/N knew

Y/N suddenly heard a voice. "I know what you desire.." Muzan's voice whispered to his ear. He looked around looking for the source of his voice, and when he turned to his right he saw Muzan's eye amongst the fleshy appearance that began to grow on his skin.

"More power? Or perhaps a world where you can live peacefully with the human pet you call your love." Muzan gripped Y/N's chin sinking his nails into his cheeks.

"Looking at your ugly face reminds me of your mother? How cunning of her!" Muzan angrily dig his nails further into Y/N's skin injecting his blood into him. He wanted to take over Y/N's body to conquer the sun. "Nobody wants you back!"

"Nethertheless, you will inherit my will' Muzan wrapped his body around Y/N then vanished as if there was no trace of him.
____________________

Shinobu and two other Kakushi were patching up Y/N's wounds when they suddenly felt a disturbance, his eyes were different and the next thing Shinobu saw was red, the colour of the Kakushi Y/N had just slashed.

Everyone immediately stopped what they were doing at the sudden commotion to see that Y/N's eyes had turned red like a demon, saliva dripping from the sides of his blood-stained chin emphasising his sharp long canines.

The two Kakushi that was helping him had become his prey targets. He sniffed around looking for a prey when he noticed the smell of blood from a Kakushi nearby Shinobu. He growled and before the Kakushi could even react Y/N had already appeared in front of him raising his claw to prepare a fight. The Kakushi shut her eyes waiting for the inevitable.

But there was nothing but warm liquid splattered across her face. When she opened her eyes Y/N had sunk his teeth into Shinobu’s right shoulder his claws digging into her back. She winced in pain hugging him tightly begging and pleading her love to come back. "Why do bad things happen to good people! Y/N don't kill anyone!" Shinobu hugged him tighter begging him to come back, she needed him to support her. Shinobu was hurt form her loves attack still clutching his demon form so closely to her not ready to let go of her love.
____________________

"Everyone! We have to kill Y/N!" Giyuu barked ordered around directing the remaining Pillars and Kakushi to focus their efforts on killing Y/N. "He's already had a taste of human blood!"

The Pillars charged at Y/N attempting to cut off his head but suddenly Y/N blew all the Pillars away releasing a burst wave of energy his screams and yells amplified by the air around him. Nine bones that resembled fox tails sprouted from his back, pushing and blowing everyone against the wall. Shinobu was thrown backwards into a wall as well.

Everyone was taken aback that Y/N had turned into a demon. Inosuke gripped his sword tightly towards Y/N's demon form "it has to be a joke, right?" His hands were shaking and trembling from the thought of fighting his older brother figure. Tanjiro was taken aback the fact that his older brother figure had turned into a demon. "Y/N San!" Tanjiro screamed lunging at Y/N, Shinobu was still hugging onto her love unable to do anything.

Kanao tired from her fight with Muzan "Niisan!" She screamed taking out the extra serum to turn Y/N into a human. That's what Shinobu wanted, to spend the rest of her life with her love and she was, but now her love had turned into a demon. She wiped tears from her cheeks crying since the man she had been with is not a demon but a human whom she loves.

She remembered before the fight Shinobu had given her given her an extra remedy that could turn a demon back into a human. "Niisan it's good that I still have my good remaining eye" The whites of Kanao's eyes changed colour signifying that she had released her final breath form. She weaved in and out of Y/N's attacks piercing the syringe needle into Y/N's skin injecting the liquid into his blood.
____________________

Y/N laid in a dark surface surrounded by Muzan's voice. "Persistent pest!" Muzan's disappearing flesh form whispered in Y/N's ear. "Nobody wants you back! Even your human pet you call your love hates you! Even if you apologise she will never forgive you!"

"That is not for you to decide…" Y/N weakly mumbled struggling to lift his arm upwards.

"Don't you smell the blood of your comrades and your human pet? You did that!" Muzan's voice slowly creeped up to his ear further amplifying that he was hurting his friends.

"Shinobu…" Y/N mumbled as he shut his eyes hearing the cries of her love begging him to come back as a human. He could no longer hold back his tears, not being able to stand in front of Shinobu as a human being and he felt like he failed her as a person for even being there. "I'm sorry that I made your life so miserable, if it hadn't been for me you would have lived life full of happiness and love with your parents and neechan."
____________________

The Pillars readied their weapon and Shinobu took her sword out as well to guard herself and the next thing she heard was Y/N's growling. Shinobu could some how sense that Y/N was in pain trying to fight his demon side and she could not hold herself any longer seeing Y/N so vulnerable in his life. She was never there for him and even neglected his needs. Y/N sniffed around finding a scent that was so familiar to him, it was Shinobu. The human girl that he claimed earlier in his life. Y/N growled once more before moving to slash Shinobu with his claws but before he could his human conscious took over as he flew into her sword. The next thing Shinobu knew was Y/N's blood splattered on her face. He wanted to end Shinobu's suffering watching her love turn into the very thing that she hated all her life. She almost dropped her sword trembling at the fact that she just killed her love.

Y/N embraced Shinobu and whispered into her ear. "It's not Shino chan's fault...take care of yourself. I-I love you." Y/N confessed but he wasn't able to say anything more as he succumbed to the poison and injuries from Shinobu's sword." His arm that was hugging Shinobu's back dropped down as he slowly disappeared into ashes. All the memories of her moments spent with Y/N came rushing back and it was at that moment where Shinobu released she had fallen in love with Y/N. She could no longer hold it back as she placed her hands on his cheek and kissed him before he disappeared. "I love you too Y/N."
********************
____________________

When Shinobu woke up Y/N was no longer in bed, the dream had felt so real to her that it really felt as if Y/N had really disappeared from her life. She almost threw herself out of bed to confirm if Y/N's clothes were still in the closet but before she could, she heard someone knock and open the door. Standing at the door frame was Y/N holding a tray of breakfast food that he had been planning to make to suprise his girlfriend. Shinobu wiped a tear halfway down. "BAKA!" She slapped him across the face then once more as she hit her fists on his chest as he cried. The soup and breakfast Y/N made had spilled all over the tatami mats, Shinobu was hugging Y/N so hard that he could feel her chest. Y/N patted Shinobu on the back as he comforted her telling her that he is still alive. He kissed her cheek. "Baka!" Shinobu laughed before wiping a tear from her eye.

"Shino chan! Look!" Y/N took something out from his kimono that immediately caught her attention. It was a small doll that closely resembled Shinobu's figure. "It has a small body just like you and the bust and buttocks is curvy just like yours." Y/N smiled swaying the Shinobu doll around happily if it was a prize.

Upon closer inspection Shinobu noticed that there were a lot of upgrades Y/N made to the accessories for the Shinobu doll. For once the butterfly hair clip was made from an expensive metal and decorated with purple jewelry that could be taken off revealing Shinobu's untied hair. The sword accessories she carried also had an upgrade, the new sword has a beautiful blue crystal that fitted in the crevice of her sword just like her new one.

The three butterfly girls rushed into Shinobu's room when they heard that Y/N had made a new Shinobu doll. And when they look at the doll the girls squealed at how cute the doll was. "Wahhhhhh! Shinobu Sama doll 2.0! And look! The bust and buttocks looks so much bigger on this one and it's more accurate too!" Naho squealed again.

When Kiyo took the Shinobu doll she also squealed. "Shinobu Sama looks so pretty with her hair down!" She took the butterfly hairpin that was on the doll off and the hair fell down revealing Shinobu with her hair down. "so pretty…" Kiyo mumbled.

Shinobu sat next to Y/N, she was so embarrassed to the point that her cheeks was red and she tried to cover herself.
____________________