Part 15: Dimensional Fortress: Forced to choose

______________

Tracy here again with another chapter of Kimetsu no Yaiba! Hope you've all are enjoying the series so far.

Let's get the ball rolling!

_____________

“Wahhhhhhhh!” Kanao screamed as she snapped herself back into reality upon realising that her precious older brother died after looking at the condition Shinobu was in. Shinobu was screaming, crying in despair, unable to pick herself back up to fight. Losing all hope. “Master…” She mumbled looking towards her Master with an expression that she couldn’t understand.. 

She turned slightly towards Douma with a glare. Rushing towards him in a fit of rage with a single attack that curved and twists. “Breath of Flower, Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo” Douma narrowly dodged her attack landing on the other side of the bridge and she turned to look at the demon who killed her older brother. 

“It’s incredibly rude to disturb someone in the middle of a meal.” Douma had his fan out, smiling sadistically. His chest revealing half of Y/N’s body with a slightly turned face that had sunk halfway into his chest. Douma holding him like a precious baby. 

Kanao was huffing as a vein popped on her head, narrowing her eyebrows trying to catch her breath. 

“Will you not accept the challenge?” Y/N sama is smart but too stubborn...like his father.” Douma laughed as he ridiculed Y/N, turning his head to look at Kanao. “Oh! Looks like there’s another girl who’s as stubborn as Y/N sama. What’s your name?” Douma asked.

“I’m Tsuyuri Kanao. Kocho Kanae, Kocho Y/N and Kocho Shinobu’s little sister.” Kanao introduced herself, tightly gripping the hilt of her sword. 

“Oh! Really?” Douma said looking confused, pressing his index finger in his chin. He then laughed. “Let’s See! Hmmm...this one sank so low he threw himself away for 2 humans who doesn’t even love him” Douma laughed pointing his finger at Y/N who was still partly protruding from his stomach. 

“This one...also too stubborn enough to attack me.” He pointed at Kanao, ridiculing her. 

Douma finally looked over to Shinobu who’s hands and knees were still on the bridge, her cheeks covered by dry tears. “Well this one...let’s see...after sleeping with Y/N sama, you made a child that had the same blood as me.” Douma laughed as he continued to ridicule Shinobu. 

“I did! That’s why I killed it!” Shinobu smiled sarcastically, memories that occurred a month after Y/N left after sleeping with her flooded her mind. She was running a clinical trial on herself as she drank the wisteria poison tea to test out the effectiveness. But when she did, she felt an immense pain in her abdomen, blood trickling down her inner thighs. 

“You even killed your own child. You both killed your child. I guess idiocy does run in the family!” He laughed while Shinobu and Kanao watched helplessly as Y/N was completely absorbed by Douma. 

His butterfly earring was the only thing that remained. A tiny object that Douma has no relevance or significance to. He held Y/N’s butterfly earring in his index and thumb, licking the blood cleaning it off. 

Kanao turned her head over to Shinobu tightening the grip on her sword, who was still kneeling on the bridge. She was breaking down in tears again screaming for the loss of her love, unable to process what had happened. Y/N died, with no body to bury. An image of Y/N smiling holding out a jar of butterflies burned into her, etching into the back of her mind. Clutching her aching heart, screaming as more tears flowed from her eyes. Palms covering her eyes as she shut them.