Chapter 7: Hospital

I wake up in the hospital. No. Why? Why did i not just die already to get this life over with.
I see Luke sitting down in a chair.
"Nikki. I never knew that you were adopted. I never knew you were abused. I'm so sorry." He says.
"It's not your fault don't be sorry." I sigh.

Suddenly Mike comes in. Great. Just great.
"Your so stupid. You really are. You stupid girl. Stupid stupid stupid! Piece of shit." He yells and laughs.

"I'm glad whoever bullied you. You deserved this. The reason I adopted you was to abuse you. You wanna know why I abuse?! I BEEN THROUGH WORST IN MY CHILDHOOD. WORST!"

"You ruined my life!" I yell with tears.
As he reaches his fist to punch me Luke stops him. "Stop. Just stop. Leave her alone. She's been through enough!" Luke says.
Mike punches Luke. "Shut up kid." He says. The police runs in.

"Put your hands up. Your being arrested for committing child abuse." The police says as Mike puts his hands up. The man handcuffs him.

"Your really strong you know that." One of the police say to me.
"Don't worry he will be locked up in jail for 25 years. He killed a lot of
people too. I don't know how he got away with it." The police says.
"Thank you." I say.

"Wait who told the police." I ask.
"I did. But why didn't you ever call the police? " Luke said.
"He threatened me." I say with a sigh.
"Officer, I have a question." I say.
"Yes?" He says.
"Where will I go." I say.
"That I don't know. We will figure that out. But you may be sent to a foster home" He says.
"Actually. She can stay at my house. My parents will be okay with it." Luke says.
"Luke. Your the best!" I smile.

"We will check with your parents." The police says.