Chapter 8: Foster home

I stare outside the tall brick house. I go up the steps. Dang this person must looove flowers. I say in my head,
as I stare at all the flowers. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I knock on the door slowly, nervously.

A lady in a turquoise dress with brown hair and green eyes opens the door. She smiles. "You must be Nikki." Suddenly a bunch of kids run down the steps and look at me. I hear whispers: "I think thats the new girl."

"Hello." I say quietly.
"I'm Ms.Hanel. C'mon in." The lady says with a smile.

I slowly walk in. "Sydney, how about you give Nikki a tour." Ms.Hanel says.
"Okay." A girl who looked about my age with blond hair walks up. "Lets start with the rooms, follow me." She says as she heads up the stairs. I quickly go up the steps. She leads me into a big room. There are beds and drawers everywhere.

"Here is your bed." She says as she points to a bed. "There are some fresh new clothes in the drawer, you might want to put something cleaner on." She says as she looks at my dirty dress.

I nod in agreement. She gives me a tour on the rest of the house. After the tour she lets me unpack and settle in.

As she leaves I open the drawer and look at all the beautiful clothes. I pick a green short sleeve shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. I never worn anything different.

I notice new shoes too. Wow awesome. I put on some black sneakers and braid my long brown hair to the side.
"I-I-look so pretty. " I say to myself as I look in the mirror.

A little girl about the age of 6 or 7 walks in. "Ms.Hanel says it is time for dinner." She says in a cute voice. I smile. "Okay."

I head downstairs and sit down at the dining table. It's kinda awkward sitting down at a table with a bunch of people you don't really know. Ms.Hanel finally speaks up. "Help yourself Nikki." She says as she puts some pasta on my plate. I'm not really hungry but I don't wanna hurt her feelings. "Thanks." I say. We all start eating in the awkwardness.