Chapter XIII

Lisa's POV

"Nini," Lisa whispered, rubbing the sleeping girl's shoulder lightly. "Nini, wake up."

Lisa smiled as she watched Jennie's face scrunch up as she began to stir, her eyes blinking as they slowly opened. 

"Good morning," Lisa smiled as she reached to brush a few strands of the girl's messy hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear.

"Morning," Jennie mumbled, reaching to rub one of her eyes sleepily. "Where are you going?" She asked as she looked at Lisa who was dressed in last night's clothes and squatting next to the edge of the bed. "Why are you dressed?" she pouted, reaching to tug on the hem of her shirt weakly before dropping her heavy limb back to its position where it hung slightly off of the bed.

"I have to go," Lisa laughed lightly as she reached to take Jennie's hand in her own, squeezing it gently as she ran her thumb over the girl's knuckles. "I need to shower and eat before my game."

"You can shower here," Jennie insisted, her voice still groggy. "With me," she added as she pulled on Lisa's hand and brought it to her chest, trapping it there between her body and the mattress.

"It's early," Lisa informed her. "You should go back to sleep. I just wanted to see you before I left," she said as she leaned in to place a soft kiss on Jennie's lips.

"I'm already up," Jennie contested once their mouths separated. She gently held onto Lisa's upper arm as she couldn't back away. "Please?"

"Okay," Lisa relented as she pressed her lips into a small, closed-mouth smile. "I just need to go grab a few things, I'll be right back, okay?" 

Jennie nodded, pressing her lips to Lisa's for another quick kiss before collapsing fully back into her pillow.

Lisa stood up and made her way out of the door and to the stairs. The room she shared with Jisoo and Joy was only one floor above that of Jennie's. She pulled out her room key and pushed open the door very slowly. It was still early, and with any luck Jisoo and Joy would still be asleep, so she was careful as to try not to wake them.

Lisa smiled when she saw the two girls lying under the covers together, Joy's arm draped over Jisoo's waist as they both slept on their stomachs. She tiptoed across the room and quickly moved her few displaced belongings into her suitcase and grabbed that as well as her softball bag before turning back to the door. Just when she thought she was in the clear, her suitcase came open and its contents fell onto the floor with a thud.

"Where are you going? And where the hell have you been?" Joy mumbled after sitting up quickly.

"Shit," Lisa whispered. "Sorry Joy," she apologized as she bent down to refill her suitcase.

"What time is it?" Lisa heard Jisoo ask Joy as she watched the covers move as they both continued waking up. "Lisa?" Jisoo questioned once the dark-haired girl stood back up from the floor, reappearing at the end of their bed.

"I didn't mean to wake you guys up," Lisa said quietly as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder. "I was just on my way out," she continued, moving toward the door again.