Chapter XXXIV (M)

(kiss and make up)

Lisa's POV

The bathroom was quiet, as it was still relatively early on a Sunday morning.

Lisa couldn't think of anywhere she'd rather be.

"You're so beautiful," she mumbled, pressing her lips to Jennie's shoulder as she stood behind her beneath the stream of hot water. "My girlfriend is so beautiful," she emphasized, taking Jennie's face in her hands when the girl turned around.

"Girlfriend?" Jennie asked, her eyes widening as a smile took over her face. 

"Is that okay with you?" Lisa questioned. 

"I just wasn't sure, after-" Jennie started, only to be cut off by Lisa's lips on hers.

"I love you," Lisa whispered once she broke the kiss.

"I love you too," Jennie replied, smiling as she crashed their lips back together. "Can I ask you something though?" 

"Anything," Lisa nodded, placing her hands on either side of Jennie's head as the brunette was now backed against the shower wall.

"Can I have my ring back?" Jennie asked, biting her lip.

"Yeah," Lisa nodded, laughing gently. "It's yours."

"You're mine," Jennie smiled before leaning in to press her lips to Lisa's neck. She switched their position, pushing Lisa against the wall as her lips continued to roam her skin.

Lisa's head fell back against the wall, but her body went stiff when she felt Jennie's hands begin to slide higher up her body.

"Wait," Lisa objected, reaching to still Jennie's wrists.

"What's wrong?" Jennie frowned, stepping back slightly. 

"I need to show you something," Lisa swallowed. "Please don't freak out."

"Lisa," Jennie prodded, giving the girl a worried look.

Lisa let out a long sigh before lifting her arm to expose her side, revealing a small tattoo just beneath her breast on her upper rib cage.

"Is that...?" Jennie asked, running her fingertips over the ink, wearing an unreadable expression.

"Your name," Lisa nodded, wincing slightly.

"Oh wow," Jennie breathed, still tracing over the letters.

"I know," Lisa replied. "But I can explain."

"When did you get it?" Jennie asked calmly, her eyes not leaving the tiny marking.

"The week after your birthday," Lisa admitted. "I sort of freaked out. I was with Jisoo and Seulgi, and I just completely broke down. I was so frustrated that you wouldn't see me or even talk to me, and I rushed out on them. Even when I finally calmed down I wasn't thinking clearly, and I came up with this plan that if I got the tattoo it would prove to you that I meant it when I said that I loved you and I was committed to you. I just didn't know what to do," she laughed. "i know that sounds stupid."

"Not stupid," Jennie disagreed, chuckling lightly. "Just..."

"Stupid," Lisa interrupted, bringing her hands to her face.

"I don't know, I kind of like it," Jennie insisted as she pulled Lisa's arms down so she could look at the tattoo again. 

"You think I'm crazy," Lisa winced, trying to read Jennie's face.