Chapter XX

Jennie's POV 

"It's later," Lisa whispered from behind Jennie as she fumbled with her keys to unlock her door. She could feel the girl's face form into a smile as it pressed against her ear.

Jennie simply laughed gently in response, shaking her head as she finally located her key and slid it into the lock.

"What?" Lisa asked, craning her neck to meet Jennie's eyes from over her shoulder, raising an eyebrow playfully once they met. 

"Nothing," Jennie grinned, closing the small space between them to place a kiss on the brown eyed girl's lips.

"You have no idea what I'm going to do to you," Lisa mumbled, pressing her lips to the back of Jennie's neck as she turned her attention back to the door, turning the key and pushing it open.

"I'm just saying that I don't think this is going to work, I don't think I can do this. Are you sure-"

"Irene?" Jennie questioned once she finally had the door open and entered the room. Lisa was right on her heels and bumped into her girl slightly as she came to a sudden stop.

"I have to go," Irene mumbled quickly into her phone before throwing it onto her bed. "Hey, sorry," she added awkwardly, tucking a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear as she dropped her eyes to the floor.

Jennie felt Lisa's arms tighten around her waist as she rested her chin on her shoulder.

"I thought you weren't coming back until tomorrow," Jennie frowned. "Is everything okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah," Irene nodded as she sat down on her bed. Her movement was somewhat sporadic and she ended up knocking a tote bag that had been sitting there onto the floor, causing its contents to spill out.

Jennie was a little surprise when Lisa quickly moved from behind her to begin helping her roommate pick up her things.

"Thanks Lisa," Irene smiled, still looking a little uncomfortable Jennie thought, as Lisa slid a few books back into the girl's bag.

"Sure," Lisa nodded, returning the girl's smile as she handed Lisa her tote.

Irene stood back up quickly, sliding the bag over the post at the foot of her bed. Lisa returned to Jennie's slide, and Jennie raised an eyebrow at the girl as she snaked an arm back around her waist but Lisa just shrugged before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Are you in Sigma Kappa?" Lisa asked once both girl's eyes turned back to Irene who was again seated on the edge of her bed. Her tote bag displayed Greek letters, apparently that belonged to the Sigma Kappa sorority.

"Oh yeah. Well I mean I'm a pledge still. Going through spring recruitment," Irene replied as she looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers.

Jennie wondered why she was acting so nervous.

"My roommate's in that one as well," Lisa responded. "Maybe you know her-"

"Nancy?" Irene interrupted. "Yeah, I know her," she added, swallowing particularly hard after that last bit. "Her older sister is the president..." she trailed off. "Listen, I'll go," she continued quickly, looking eager to change the subject. "I know I wasn't supposed to be back until tomorrow, I'll make myself scarce."

"no, that's okay," Lisa said, raising a hand gently in the air. "I should probably go. I have a lot of homework to catch up on and I told Jisoo I'd work out with her in the morning.