Chapter XXVI

Jennie's POV

"My ship is sailing," Joy beamed as she wrapped an arm around Jennie's shoulder.

"Oh here we go again," Jisoo groaned teasingly as she fell further into Joy's side. 

Lisa had left almost three hours ago, and Joy and Jisoo were still in Jennie's room. The three girls were sprawled out on Jennie's bed, binge-watching episodes of The Vampire Diaries on Netflix.

"I'm just saying," Joy continued. "I better be invited to the wedding." 

"Well I'm going to be Lisa's maid of honor," Jisoo replied matter-of-factly. "If you're lucky maybe I'll let you be my plus one," she winked.

"You guys are cute," Jennie laughed as she reached for her phone that was vibrating in her pocket. "It's Lisa," she announced to no one in particular as she hopped off of her bed.

"Who else would it be?" Joy teased. 

Jennie rolled her eyes at the girl as she accepted the call. 

"Hi," Jennie greeted, smiling as she brought the phone to her face. 

"Hey babe"

"What's up?" Jennie questioned.

"Oh, uh, nothing, it's just..."

"Is everything okay?" Jennie asked worriedly in response to her girlfriend's uneasy tone.

"Yeah, everything's fine. i'm just going to be a little later than I thought. I'm stuck at the med center-"

"Lisa," Jennie interrupted as calmly as she could manage. "Why are you at the med center?"

"I had a little accident."

"Like a car accident?" Jennie asked, her chest suddenly growing tight.

"Shit, no. Nini, I'm fine I promise."

"What kind of accident then?" Jennie demanded, her head still spinning. 

"Like a my-hand-accidentally-collided-with-Tzuyu's-bitch-ass-face-accident."

"Lisa," Jennie sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want you to think I was standing you up."

"I'll come meet you there," Jennie said quickly a she moved to her desk, grabbing her keys.

"You don't have to do that."

"I said i'll come meet you there," Jennie repeated in an annoyed tone before hanging up.

-----

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jennie snapped once she'd found Lisa in the waiting room of the med center.

"I was thinking that someone drugged my girlfriend and deserved to be punched in the face." Lisa huffed, clutching her hand as she sank back in her chair.

"You promised me you wouldn't," Jennie sighed, her tone lightening as she sat down next to Lisa.

"I never promised that," Lisa reminded her, a small smile creeping onto her lips.

"You scared the shit out of me when you said you were in an accident," Jennie frowned as she moved a hand to rest on Lisa's knee.

"I'm sorry babe," Lisa apologized, leaning forward to place a kiss on Jennie's forehead.