Chapter XXX (M)

"It's kind of ironic, isn't it?" Jennie asked. "That i'll die on the same day I was born."

"So dramatic," Lisa laughed as she pulled the car into the parking lot of the roller skating rink.

"I don't think you understand just how uncoordinated I am," Jennie continued. "Actually, maybe you do understand and you just have some twisted sense of humor.

"Everyone has a birthday at a roller skating rink,Nini," Lisa explained. "It's a right of passage."

"Can I at least claim my birthday sex before I break my leg or something? Get in the back seat," Jennie directed as she pretended to start to climb into the back of the car.

"Do you really want to go in?" Lisa asked. "We don't have to. It'll be fun though," she encouraged. "I'll help you."

"I'm just teasing," Jennie sighed. "But you can help me later too by counting all of the bruises I'm bound to get," she added as she climbed out of the car.

"Come on," Lisa laughed, shaking her head at her girlfriend as she made her way around the front of the car to connect their hands. She led Jennie into the skating rink, past the front desk and into the back toward a private room.

"Surprise," Lisa smiled as she pushed open the door.

"Oh, shit, surprise!" Joy exclaimed as everyone in the room stood up.

"You guys are late," Jisoo laughed as she pulled Lisa into a hug.

"That sucked," Joy pouted. "Go out and let us do it again, we practiced."

Lisa watched as Jennie exchanged hugs with Joy, Jisoo, Irene, and Seulgi.

"This is Seulgi and Wendy, two of my teammates," Lisa introduced as she wrapped an arm around Jennie's waist.

"I met Seulgi already," Jennie smiled. "But nice to see you again, and to meet you," she directed toward Wendy.

"I didn't really know who to invite," Lisa admitted to Jennie once the other two girls rejoined the rest of the group's ongoing conversation.

"You're here. That's all that matters," Jennie replied before giving Lisa a quick kiss.

"But more importantly, me," Joy interrupted, appearing at their side. Lisa shook her head as she watched the girl pull her worried looking girlfriend out the door and toward the skate rental counter.

"Thanks again for inviting me," Irene said as she followed at the back of their group who was filing out of the room in Joy and Jennie's footsteps.

"Of course," Lisa smiled. "You're one of our best friends." 

"Sorry about your hand," Irene noted, nodding toward the brace on two of Lisa's fingers.

"It was worth it," Lisa shrugged, smiling as she put a hand on Irene's shoulder and made her way back toward the rest of the group. 

----

"See, it's not so bad, is it?" Lisa teased. She had finally managed to pull her girlfriend off of the wall, although the brunette was still clinging onto her hand for dear life.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" Jennie asked.

"A little bit," Lisa chuckled.

"I'm glad you find my struggling so amusing," Jennie pouted as she gripped Lisa's hand tighter after almost losing her footing again for the thousandth time that afternoon.