Chapter XVII

Jennie's POV

"Books or music?" 

"What?" Jennie asked, her voice groggy as she squinted at the girl lying next to her. She had just woken up and her bedroom was engulfed in darkness. The only thing she could make out was a pair of familiar dark-brown orbs that cut through the black. 

"Books or music?" Lisa repeated as she moved to prop herself on her elbow. 

Jennie rubbed her eyes, still waking up as she fell back into the pillow to look at the ceiling. Lisa just kept on staring at her expectantly as she awaited an answer. 

"Like if you had to live without one," Lisa clarified.

"I don't know," Lisa mumbled as she stretched her arms, making an unusual sound as tension was relieved from her body.

"Come on," Lisa prodded, poking the girl in the side.

A grin met the blonde girl's lips when she noticed the way she squirmed in response to the contact. Jennie was extremely ticklish.

"It's kind of a weird question," Jennie began. "Book vs. Movies would make more sense..." she trailed off. 

Lisa didn't even dignify her distracted ramblings with a response. She just kept on staring. 

"Why can't I have both?" Lisa asked, turning her head on the pillow to look up at Lisa.

"It's hypothetical, babe," Lisa replied. "Just pick one."

"Fine," Jennie sighed. "Books."

"What?" Lisa questioned, crinkling her nose. "Damn it," she groaned as she fell back to lie next to Jennie on her pillow.

"Music?" Jennie corrected, laughing gently at the girl's response.

"That's what I thought you were going to say," Lisa explained. "Apparently I don't know as much about you as I thought. Which wasn't a lot to begin with," she pouted.

"I love music," Jennie smiled as she turned to lie of her side, facing Lisa again. "But, I love to read as well."

"What's your favorite book?" Lisa asked interestingly. 

"I never really have a good answer for that," Jennie admitted. "I usually just say whatever I read last."

"Which was?" Lisa questioned.

"I think," Jennie paused, looking past Lisa as she tried to remember. "Oh right, To Kill A Mockingbird."

Lisa's face broke out into a wide smile, causing Jennie to arch an eyebrow in confusion.

"I was actually in the middle of re-reading it when you knocked on my door that night," Jennie remembered. "You interrupted me." 

"I'm not sorry," Lisa grinned before leaning in to place a soft kiss on the girl's lips. "That's actually my favorite book as well," she added once their mouths separated. 

"I always knew you had great taste," Jennie joked, gesturing to her own body. 

Lisa shook her head in response, but ultimately ending up leaning in to capture Jennie's lips for another quick peck.

"Now you know one new thing about me," Jennie smiled, stroking Lisa's forearm gently as it rested between them on the mattress.

"Actually," Lisa started as she moved to sit up. "Two  things," she finished, now straddling Jennie's hips.