Chapter XXXV

Jennie's POV

Later that night, Lisa and Jennie were lying in Jennie's bed, watching Netflix.

Lisa had somehow convinced her to watch American Horror Story. She probably would've done anything her girlfriend asked since she was just so happy that things were okay between them again, but the fact that she'd bribed her with Hawaiian pizza definitely helped. 

Jennie jumped when there was a knock on the door a few minutes later.

"Since someone lost their wallet, I've got it," Lisa laughed, pausing the show and sliding off of the bed.

Jennie had lost her wallet at the club the night before, but luckily when she called they said that her friend had found it. She figured Joy had it so she texted the girl, but she still hadn't replied.

She rolled off behind Lisa, making her way over to her mini-fridge to pull out two bottles of water when she heard Lisa's voice from behind her.

"Nini?" Lisa called, prompting Jennie to follow her over to the open door.

Jennie's heart sank immediately when she was met with a somewhat familiar face standing on the other side.

A face that definitely didn't belong to someone delivering pizza.

"Hi," the girl from the club smiled. "I have something that belongs to you," she added, holding up Jennie's wallet. 

Jennie quickly began to panic. She was at a loss for words even though all she wanted to do was shut the girl up as soon as she could.

"Thank you," Lisa smiled, taking the wallet since the Jennie was still just standing frozen.

"Sure," the girl nodded, her eyes set solely on Jennie.

Jennie still couldn't speak.

"You ran out pretty quickly last night," the girl continued. "I didn't even get a kiss goodbye. Which is a shame, because the first one was pretty good."

Jennie's eyes widened and all she could manage to do was reach across Lisa's body to slam the door shut.

"What?" Lisa asked almost immediately.

"Lisa-" Jennie tried.

"Jennie," Lisa replied, no emotion in her voice as she stared straight-ahead, avoiding Jennie's eyes as she leaned against the door. "Who was that?" 

"Lisa, I can explain," Jennie tried again.

"Did you kiss her?" Lisa nearly choked, her voice already beginning to shake as she lifted her eyes to meet Jennie's desperately.

"yes. but-"

"But nothing," Lisa interrupted. "How could you?"

"It didn't mean anything," Jennie insisted. "I was drunk, Lisa, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"You were drunk?" Lisa almost laughed. "That's your excuse?" she asked, raising her voice. "you were also drunk when when you slept with me. You slept with me after you kissed someone else? What, she wouldn't give you what you wanted so you thought you'd settle for me?" 

"It's not like that," Jennie frowned. "I love you."

"And that makes it okay?" Lisa shouted. 

"Were you even going to tell me?"

"I, i don't know," Jennie stammered.

"Wrong answer," Lisa hissed, shaking her head as she reached for the doorknob.