Chapter XXI

Jennie's POV

"I'm sure she'll be here," Joy assured Seulgi, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. Her voice sounded confident but the look she was giving Jennie screamed 'help'.

"I texted her, but i guess her phone is off or something," Jennie replied. "I'm sure she'll be here though," she added when she watched Joy's eyes widen even more.

"Guess group dates aren't my thing," Seulgi laughed nervously.

Jennie winced, trying to suppress a smile as Lisa nearly choked on her soda in response to Seulgi's comment.

"It's the same restaurant too," Jisoo pointed out as she looked around the pizza parlor before shooting Lisa a look.

"Hey," Lisa defended. "You guys are the ones who let Jennie choose where we are. What did you expect?"

Jennie shrugged as she reached for another piece of the Hawaiian pizza that sat on the table.

"I am so sorry," Irene said as she appeared at the side of the table, slightly out of breath.

"Finally," Joy exclaimed, sounding incredibly relieved. "Seulgi, this is Irene, Irene, this is Seulgi."

"Hi," Irene smiled as she slid into the spot next to the blonde girl. "I really am sorry."

"No worries," Seulgi shrugged

"No worries," Seulgi shrugged. "I'm just glad you didn't stand me up.I'll be set." she shyly smiled to the girl.

"Now that you might actually have to be worried about," Lisa teased. 

"She's kidding," Jisoo interjected quickly. "She's kidding."

"Funny," Seulgi grimaced as she took a drink of her soda.

"Can you kiss her to shut her up or something?" Joy groaned, looking at Jennie.

"Don't encourage them," Irene joked.

"At this point I  can ignore the PDA," Joy laughed.

Jennie shrugged her shoulder, more than willingly leaning in to capture her girlfriend's lips. She smiled into the kiss, not pulling away until Joy threw a balled up napkin at her face.