Chapter XXIV

Jennie's POV

When Jennie opened her eyes they were met with the bright natural light that filled the room. She closed them immediately, wincing once she noticed the pounding in her head. There was a similar feeling running through every inch of her body. Why did everything hurt? She opened her eyes again, slower this time. She soon felt herself begin to panic. What the hell happened last night? Where was she? Where were her clothes? A big chunk of time was missing from her memory. The last thing she remembered was being with Tzuyu in the kitchen. Now here she was, in someone else's bed, her pants and bra missing.

Jennie sat up quickly and every muscle in her body screamed out in response to the sudden movement. She felt her chest tighten and her breathing become erratic, followed by a hot tear falling down her cheek. She had blacked out before, and it was always a scary thing. It scared her more now though that she had something to lose. Had she cheated on Lisa?

She brought her hands to her hair and buried her face into her bent knees feeling her body begin to tremble. Her body was burning and her mind was hazy; she couldn't seem to catch a grip.

"Nini?" She heard from the doorway.

"Nini," the voice said again as the mattress shifted. Jennie lifter her head and was met with Lisa's brown doe eyes set on her worriedly.

"Hey," Lisa cooed softly as she brought a hand to Jennie's back, moving in soft circles. "What's wrong?" 

Jennie felt a little bit of the tension finally escape her chest as she realized it was Lisa's bed she was in. She didn't respond, but the tears didn't stop either and she buried her face into Lisa's neck.

"Shh," Lisa whispered as she wrapped her arms around her. "You're okay," she added, pulling Jennie further into her lap.

It took Jennie a minute to finally regain herself. She was okay; she was just overwhelmed. She moved her lips to Lisa's neck, letting them linger there for a moment before finally lifting her lifting her head. 

"Hey," Lisa repeated, smiling weakly at Jennie as she kept her arms around her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Jennie laughed as she wiped at her mascara-stained eyes. "I'm fine," she nodded. 

"Okay," Lisa smiled before bringing her lips to Jennie's forehead. After she removed her lips from her skin she rested her head on top of Jennie's. Jennie moved her fingers to play with the hem of Lisa's t-shirt and the two just sat there like that for a moment.

"Do you want some water?" Lisa finally asked, breaking the comfortable silence between them as she reached behind her to her desk that was pushed against the end of her bed. 

"Thank you," Jennie replied as she took the water bottle from Lisa's hand, her voice hoarse and scratchy.

"I got you a bagel and banana too," Lisa added as she sat back on her hands. "I wasn't sure if you'd want to eat or not."

"Not right now," Jennie winced, her aching stomach churning at the thought of food. She slid off of Lisa's lap slightly to lean against the wall, leaving her legs draped over the blonde girl's.

Lisa nodded, taking the water bottle back from Jennie after she'd taken a small sip and placing it on one of her bed's flat end posts.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" Lisa questioned hesitantly as her fingertips traced small, aimless patterns on Jennie's exposed calf. 

"No," Jennie admitted, her body tensing at the reminder. "How drunk did I get?"

"I don't think you drank," Lisa replied, her own body growing tense as she gritted her teeth. "You were," she paused. "You were pretty bad when I got there. I think someone slipped something in your drink."