Chapter XXXVI

"I hate the rain," Lisa huffed as she walked onto the softball team's bus. She made her way toward the back, sliding into the seat next to the window with Seulgi following behind and taking the one next to her.

It was Sunday morning, and their games for that day had been cancelled due to the weather. Lisa loved playing, but she was especially annoyed because softball had been one of the things she's been using to distract herself from Jennie. Now she would have to sit on a bus for a few hours, likely faced with ignoring more texts and calls from the girl. She still wasn't ready to talk to Jennie. She was still mad about what she'd done.

"Who cares?" Joy said as she sat down next to Jisoo who was across the aisle from Seulgi and Lisa. "We won all of our games yesterday and now we get to go back early."

Lisa's face immediately expressed her distaste of that fact; it was a lot easier to avoid Jennie they weren't just a few doors down from each other. 

"Right," Joy nodded knowingly. "Well maybe if you'd stop avoiding her-"

"This really isn't any of your business," Lisa hissed, cutting her off. She folded her arms across her chest, sinking down in her seat as the bus started to move.

 "It kinda is," Joy contested. "You've been super pissy lately and it's obvious you miss her. Why won't you just talk to her and let her explain?"

"I can't even look at her," Lisa shot back, leaning across a defenseless Seulgi to get closer to Joy. "I can't believe you're taking her side right now."

"I'm not taking anyone's side!" Joy argued. "But you both love each other and are clearly hurting and I just think it's stupid that you guys keep avoiding each other like this. What's that going to fix?"

Lisa paused for a minute, pressing her lips together as her eyebrows furrowed. Joy did have a point; Lisa knew she was being stubborn. But she didn't care. She deserved to be stubborn, Jennie cheated on her.

"Like I said, it's none of your business," Lisa said quickly, unwilling to accept defeat quite yet. She reached into her jacket pocket for her phone, untangling the headphones that were wrapped around it and putting them into her ears before setting her gaze out the window.

"She's not going to be around waiting forever," she heard Joy mumble before the music began to play.

---

"Lisa."

"Lis, wake up."

Lisa let out a muffled moan, rubbing at her eyes sleepily as she sat up in her seat.

"Are we back?" she asked Seulgi groggily. 

"No, not yet," Seulgi replied.

Lisa nodded slightly before closing her eyes again and leaning her head against the window. 

"Lisa, something's wrong," Seulgi said as she reached to put a hand on Lisa's shoulder. 

These words finally woke up, and she sat up quickly, her eyes shooting open as she turned to face the smaller girl. She ran her fingers through her hair as she examined the faces of Seulgi, Jisoo and Joy who were all turned to her.

"What is it?" Lisa asked, her own voice now reflecting the worry she saw in the eyes of the three other girls.

"It's Jennie," Seulgi said as calmly as possible. "There was an accident."