Chapter 1: University

Ignore the mistakes plz.

Third Person POV

Jeongguk was drawing aimlessly on the page of his book, the lines that make no sense, he still manages to decorate the side of the page, well, he's majoring in art. He's wearing his mask as usual, he finds himself secured like this. He can see others but the others can't see him. He likes it this way.

Though Hoseok and Jimin aren't here yet. Jeongguk only greets them, always it's like this. They share the same classes because their majors are same yet Jeongguk greets them in the first class and sometimes they do lunch together, other than that---Jeongguk prefers to stay alone.

He knows his friends worry about him but they don't ask anymore because they know Jeongguk won't speak---the reason well known by them too. It's been half a year they are in this university but Jeongguk doesn't remember talking to anyone except utter need and that's also rare.

There were alot of girls who approached him, his appearance attractive even being hidden behind the mask but Jeongguk had politely refused them. Nothing---nothing attracts him or excites him anymore.

The classroom fills since it was time now and once again, he wanted to go to his dorm and just sleep. He found himself lucky to not have a roommate and he's glad it's been like this even now and it'll stay like this because he pays for the whole room. He doesn't want to share the dorm at all.

He's really happy that he finally got out of his shitty house and got into dormitory, away from his so called parents. No matter how much they show they care, Jeongguk knows they only love their work that gets them money. He doesn't remember having a proper dinner with them.

So what if his father provides him money for his University, he is meant to do it, no matter what but Jeongguk wanted a family that would sit together for atleast five minutes and have a chat about their day, laugh and share some talk----but Jeongguk knows it's impossible now. It's too late to bond with his family and also doesn't want it.

They're not too poor and also not too wealthy but Jeongguk has seen his parents going crazy for money, even fighting because of it and he's tired, he's able to live alone now and that's exactly what he's doing.

Jeongguk looks up from his English book, the class all the students take combined divided in periods. Jeongguk's is first and he hates it. The ravenette looks around and finds the class almost filled. He doesn't spot Jimin and Hoseok and he thinks they might not be attending today.

Jeongguk is happy for his friends, Jimin and Hoseok's love shine for eachother in their eyes even though he doesn't spend time with them much, not like before---not ever since---

Jeongguk sighs, closes his eyes and shakes his head a little, doesn't want to dwell into those memories again because once he does, it's impossible to get out.

Jeongguk goes back to drawing on his book, changing the dull paper into artistic patterns and soon the laughter and the chatter dies does as the teacher enters the classroom. As usual, Jeongguk would keep his head down and listen to the lecture or just look out of the window and wait for the class the two consecutive classes of boredom to end.

Jeongguk believes it's almost half an hour left for the second class to be over when it happens. Though Jeongguk has no interest but he did, he did look up, not at the announcement of a new student but when he says his name.

"Alright you all, quiet now. Let the new student introduce himself." The teacher says and the chatter about the new student joining in the middle of the semester are quiet, the whispering continues and all eyes are on the new student except Jeongguk's.