Chapter 10: Gaiety

Pic. Cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz:)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk wakes up on his alarm. A smile spreads on his lips when he remembers last night and he looks at his side, his stomach flutters when he sees Taehyung, who's facing him but only his closed eyes are visible to him, the rest of the face hidden due to the pillow he's hugging.

Jeongguk goes to the get freshen up and and he comes back to sit on edge of Taehyung's bed---to wake him up.

"Taehyung." The ravenette says and the blonde immediately opens his eyes. He already woke up.

"Goodmorning." Jeongguk whispers softly pushes the pillow away. Taehyung doesn't look at him but smiles a little. He keep looking at Jeongguk's bed on the other side.

Jeongguk puts his hand on Taehyung's arm and gives it a soft squeeze.

"You should get ready. We'll go to cafeteria first." Jeongguk says and Taehyung hums but closes his eyes.

"I don't wanna go anywhere." Taehyung mumbles as he rubs his eyes and keeps them close.

"Are you not feeling well?" Jeongguk asks as frowns in a little worry.

"Hmm, I just want to sleep a bit more. Please let me." Taehyung says and Jeongguk isn't convinced.

"Taehyung? Please tell me, are you okay? Are you not feeling well?" Jeongguk asks again and leans forward, checks Taehyung's temperature and he seems fine.

"I just don't feel like going to University or even opening my eyes." Taehyung says and looks at Jeongguk, smiles to assure him that he's fine.

"Okay, I'll get you breakfast then and leave it in the fridge." Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods, smiles widely.

"Thanks." And Jeongguk gives Taehyung's arm a soft squeeze.

When Jeongguk leaves, Taehyung's eyes shut rather tightly as he finally let's his pain surface and his expression changes because he couldn't let Jeongguk see.

He's glad that he could atleast sleep for a few hours. He expected that his headache would go away when he'll wake up but it got worse and Taehyung feels like crying.

He waits for Jeongguk to bring him anything so he can get his painkiller after eating and just---sleep. He doesn't even want to move an inch.

Thankfully Jeongguk comes back half an hour later and Taehyung pretends to sleep. The ravenette smiles and puts the pancakes in the oven and not in the mini fridge. He leaves Taehyung a note.

He got late becaue he wanted Taehyung to have a good breakfast. He must be fed up of the cafeteria breakfast. He doesn't care if he's getting late to his class.

Taehyung feels a tingly sensation when Jeongguk softly touches Taehyung's cheek. His touch is barely there yet it makes Taehyung giddy. It takes a lot of control to not react to the soft touch.

When Taehyung hears the door close, he opens his eyes and didn't know when tears had well up in his eyes, they fall---because they are meant to fall.

Happiness or sorrow---pain or ecstasy---tears are always meant to fall.

Taehyung gets up and feels dizzy for a moment. With every step, he feels the hammering thud of pain in his head. He, with a lot of struggle goes to bathroom but realizes that it wasn't necessary becaue he'll be sleeping again anyway.

When Taehyung reads the note, he feels a lump in his throat and he definitely wants to cry---doesn't even know why.

Pancakes are in the oven and you can probably see the strawberry syrup. Eat well and rest well. I'll see you later :)