Chapter 7: Damsel

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung held the lillies close to his chest, all the bouquets in his arms as he walks behind Jeongguk. They are exiting the clinical department. It's almost eleven when they leave. Jeongguk told Taehyung he can rest in the clinical wing for the night but Taehyung wanted to leave that place as soon as possible.

"You know, I really like lillies." Taehyung says as they walk out of the University.

"They are my favorite too, I didn't know your favorite so I got these." Jeongguk says.

"Oh wow, we both have same liking to flowers." Taehyung giggles as he steps excitedly.

"Yeah." Jeongguk utters, smiles because Taehyung is way too excited just because of some flowers.

"Now you know what to bring me when I'm in the hospital next time." Taehyung says and Jeongguk halts, making the other almost bump into him.

"What happened?" Taehyung asks as Jeongguk turns around.

"Why would you say you're coming here again?" Jeongguk asks, frowns.

"Just saying---anything can happen you know." Taehyung shrugs as he crosses Jeongguk and starts walking again.

"Stop saying shit like that and start eating properly." Jeongguk says, tries to say it casually but concern laces his voice.

"Yeah, yeah. I will." But Taehyung sounds so casual and carefree about it. Jeongguk sighs.

"It's getting chilly." Taehyung says, wants to change the subject and not discuss about himself.

"It's fucking freezing, not just chilly." Jeongguk says. "You're clad in two jackets that's why you're warm."

"I want icecream." Taehyung says and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"No, you just got out of clinic, don't be stupid." Jeongguk says as he walks faster so he's next to Taehyung.

"Doesn't make any sense as to why I can't eat icecream." Taehyung looks at Jeongguk. The dormitory building is in front of them but Taehyung doesn't want to go there just yet. Also, he hasn't called his mother today. She'll be worried.

"Taehyung, please. You can get icecream tomorrow." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shakes his head.

"But I want to eat it right now, with you. You'll be at work tomorrow and I'm mostly busy or studying when you come back." Taehyung says, touching the flowers softly with the tips of his fingers.

With you. It's really difficult to say no now.

"You need rest Taehyung and I promise we'll go eat icecream right after the classes end." Jeongguk says and Taehyung turns towards him, looks at him with narrowed eyes.

"Why should I believe you?" Taehyung asks.

"I swear I'll take you. You and I both know that you need rest." Jeongguk says and Taehyung does know, feels that he needs to rest and sleep properly, even his legs are hurting due to walking.

"If you break your promise, either I'm not talking to you ever or I'll keep annoying you." Taehyung says and Jeongguk chuckles.

"You can't stay quiet in the dorm and you definitely can't not annoy me. You do it all the time." Jeongguk says and Taehyung wrinkles his nose.

"We'll see." Taehyung says, heads up and starts walking. He is in desperate need of sleep even though he was unconscious for hours.

Jeongguk shakes his head as he chuckles again and jogs upto Taehyung.