Chapter 8: Simple

Cred. Lulu.kookv

Ignore the mistakes plz. :) tooo boring

Third Person POV

Jeongguk spent the four hours in the library with utmost difficulty and impatience. He didn't know why he was so impatient---to go back to the dorm or any place where Taehyung is right now.

But luck doesn't seem to be on his side as he has to stay for two more hours since the shelf are shifted and new books are added. Jeongguk kept looking at time and he swears the clock is fucking stuck at one point.

He thanks God when he finally gets out of the library and it's the first time he actually hated his job.

Unlucky, it's what he said today because when he goes to the dorm, Taehyung's asleep. Jeongguk didn't want him to be. He wanted to talk to Taehyung---about anything---anything at all but he wanted to talk to him.

Jeongguk carefully sits on the edge of Taehyung's bed, the blonde is facing away from him---Jeongguk can only see little side of his face and the rest of Taehyung's face is hidden by the pillow he is hugging.

Jeongguk thinks, how easily he went from wanting Taehyung out of his room to want him close to him all the time. There was no stage in between. No confusion or denial. Nothing.

The problem is, he doesn't know how to show it and that makes Taehyung think he doesn't care. He does---he does care---only for Taehyung.

Jeongguk softly rests his hand on Taehyung's calf, thumb traces the soft material of the comforter and stays like this for a while, stays looking at Taehyung just---breathing softly.

He wants Taehyung to do whatever he wants to change him---because he himself want to change.

He lies---Jeongguk lies when he says this is who he is---no, he is completely different. He just wants Taehyung to find him---he wants Taehyung to see him because he doesn't want to stay hidden.

Only Taehyung can do that and Jeongguk knows he can. He just do.

Jeongguk makes sure he'll talk to Taehyung tomorrow because he doesn't want Taehyung to be the person who'll walk away from him. He don't want Taehyung to leave him when he'll finally see the real him.

The real him. Jeongguk wants to laugh at the irony of life---at the irony of fate.

Jeongguk sighs and gets up and walks towards the bathroom.

----------------------

Unlucky.

Jeongguk never knew his day will start like this. Taehyung isn't in the room. His bed is well made and his bag isn't on the chair. Jeongguk almost whines as he keeps looking at the empty bed.

Jeongguk gets ready in a haste. He has been waking up on Taehyung's time so he won't be going to the rooftop for his 'before class alone time'.

Jeongguk looks at the mask but he's not strong enough to not wear it. This piece of cloth has become a part of his body.

Jeongguk, as usual ignores the stares on him as he walks in the hallway of his department. Maybe it's also because he's a bit early today, either way---he doesn't care---he never has.

There were just two or three students, the way too early birds and study passionates. Taehyung wasn't there. Jeongguk successfully hides the sadness and disappointment behind his mask and lowers his eyes.

Jeongguk just walks towards his seat and waits for Taehyung. He aimlessly uses his phone, scrolling down twitter and ignoring the two videos appearing again and again from the University page made by the students. One is Taehyung falling and other one when that guy messed with Taehyung.