Chapter 17: Astral

Ignore the mistakes plz:)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk doesn't know why he was too surprised at the offer. But he really was because he wasn't expecting Taehyung to tell him to stay. He thought he'd want to talk  to his mother alone.

"He can wait---". Lena speaks but Taehyung interrupts him.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung only says his name and it's enough for the ravenette to close the door and walk further inside the room.

He stops for a while then walks towards Taehyung's bed and sits there. He looks back and forth between Taehyung and his mother. Lena is looking at Taehyung and the blonde is still looking at the box, as of the flower on it alone is enough to render him speechless.

Taehyung then puts the box away, looks at his mother who has been waiting for his son to say something.

"Jeongguk told me everything and I think it was the truth but he did not tell me why you said all that to him. Why you couldn't stand your son's happiness." Taehyung says, no emotion in his voice and Lena immediately shakes her head, leans towards her son with a pained expression on her face.

"No, no Taebear---I would---I would do anything for your happiness---". She stops when Taehyung chuckles bitterly.

"Yeah but you ended up doing everything to ruin it." Taehyung says and Lena feels an ache in her hearts---she always has.

"I never wanted you to be hurt baby, I was---I was just scared because I didn't want you to go through everything I did. Whatever I faced, I never ever want that to happen to you and I know---I---". Lena pauses, is not able to find the right words.

"Then you should've told me what happened then. What was the point to hide whatever it is---that made you---do what you did." Taehyung says. Jeongguk isn't sure if he should be here or not.

"Does Jeongguk know?" Taehyung asks and Lena looks at the ravenette, said boy looking down.

"Yes." She says and Taehyung exhales shakily.

"Do I deserve to know or will I be kept in the dark again?" Taehyung's voice is almost sardonic and Lena and Jeongguk both know it's directed towards them.

Lena looks down in shame, putting those memories in words has always hurt her and she never realized that while trying to save her son, she would hurt him more.

"I was---I was in high school when it happened. Just like to you. There was a girl, so shy and minding her own business. I was one of those who would mock her---just for fun---". Taehyung catches the hurt in her mother's voice.

"I never thought I'd fall in love with her. I---I don't know how it happened but the way I'd see her, changed and it changed my feelings towards her. I started falling for her and it was quite difficult to befriend her though---she kept thinking that I'll end up saying that it was all a dare---". Lena has tears her eyes.

"I left my friends for her because she became centre of my life and when she opened up to me, I realized that how alone she has been and all I wanted was to stay with her forever and never let her go." Taehyung had tears on his eyes as well and Jeongguk did know about Lena falling in love with a girl but hearing the depth makes him sad too.

"Everything went down when our families found out and it was because of the girls I used to be friends with---". Lena closes her eyes, painful memories play in her mind.

"Each and every person that got to know about this, stopped talking to us. They would ignore us as if we were a plague. We were fun of and treated like the lowest animals---just by words---".