Chapter 15: Shadow

Ignore the mistakes plz :) very very short and boring.

Third Person POV

"Surprise." Taehyung's mother, Lena says in a soft voice and wide smile. She's still standing by the door as Taehyung hugs her and then invites her inside. Taehyung frowns when he sees the three of them now standing and looking like they've seen a ghost. He shrugs.

"Guys, this is my---". When Taehyung looks at his mother, he finds her in the same condition though she looks a little angry as well. Or maybe alot angry.

Oh, he gets it. Taehyung chuckles.

"Guys, you don't have to be scared of her. She's really sweet." Taehyung says but the three of them are looking at his mother.

"Mom! I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my friends because---I knew you would get all protective over me and won't rest until you know each and everything about them---so, please---just---be---". Taehyung sheepishly says. "Friendly."

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk and the ravenette finally looks at him but his eyes are so insecure, uncertain and he's---scared. Taehyung feels a weird feeling in his stomach and he doesn't like it.

But Taehyung ignores it and gestures Jeongguk that why isn't he wearing his mask but Jeongguk just looks away, closes his eyes and sighs. He's looking at Taehyung's mother again who is awfully quiet. Taehyung doesn't like it.

"Mrs. Kim. Hello, it's---it's nice---uuh, good to see you." Hoseok utters, finally breaks the silence between the four who were quiet.

Taehyung smiles. Lena turns towards Taehyung and smiles. It's like Hoseok's words have set everyone into motion.

"Taebear, I want to spend the day with you, why don't you go and sit in my car yeah?" Lena says and hands him the keys.

"Huh? What about you---".

"I'll be with you shortly okay." She says and Taehyung raises his eyebrow.

"No, no mom. You don't have to interrogate them at all. They all are so nice and kind. I know you're worried about me but trust me when I say this---they are really sweet and caring and---".

"Taehyung."

"I swear mom, they don't know. They---". Taehyung says this in a whisper but is then interrupted.

"Taehyung!" She only says his name, firmly and Taehyung shuts up.

"But mom---".

"Taehyung!" Her voice raises and it's the first time she has spoken to him like that. Taehyung looks at her with a mildly shocked expression, wants to ask her right away that why she did it but stops, looks at Jeongguk instead.

And Jeongguk wants to yell at her that Mrs. Kim, this is not the fucking way to talk to your son and the love of my life.

But Jeongguk just nods at Taehyung when he looks at him, gestures him to listen to his mother even though he wants him in here.

"Tae, please, just wait for me there okay. I promise I won't do anything that you think I will." Lena says softly and Taehyung doesn't give her a second glance, he's getting annoyed and everyone is acting so weird.

"Whatever." Taehyung says and leaves. He stomps his feet as he walks, eyebrows furrowed as he turns from the corner of the corridor but then stops. He waits there impatiently, for five minutes and then he's walking back, careful steps so it won't make any sound.

Do you really think I'll leave that easily huh mom? What if you tell them everything? I have a reputation among them okay.