Chapter 16: Pulse

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz:)

Third Person POV

Taehyung was in the ward, stable and Jeongguk was still restless even after getting the news that Taehyung is fine. He swears he'll snap if anyone tries to stop him from seeing Taehyung. That anyone specially being the blonde's mother.

He wants to be the first to see Taehyung, who knows what Lena will say to Taehyung if she sees him first. They were just waiting for Taehyung to gain conscious again. Jeongguk can't help but feel guilty and Lena's words keep spinning in his mind.

Because of you, he's always in pain.

Jeongguk knows he is the cause of Taehyung's headaches. He may have not met Taehyung after the accident---which he thinks is completely his fault---but he talked to his doctor and he found out that his lover no longer will be able to remember him. The doctor told him everything that day, he just couldn't see Taehyung.

"You all can go back. I'll stay with him." Lena says and there's no way Jeongguk's doing that.

"I won't leave until I talk to Taehyung. Not this time." Jeongguk says firmly.

"Didn't I make it clear last time? I don't want you near him. Not this time either." Lena says and Jeongguk doesn't want to be rude to an elder, he knows how to respect elders but Lena is just making it impossible for him to stay in his limits.

"It's not you who'll decide that. For once, listen to your son and think about what he wants. His happiness should be your utter priority, not you lame excuses or acts to hurt him." Jeongguk says and Lena glares at him.

"What I want is better for both of you.  You don't know how this world---".

"I don't give a fuck about what the world thinks or what you think---all I care about is that Taehyung wants and what makes him happy. If he wants me to stay away from me, then I assure you---he'll never see my face again---". Jeongguk says because there's no way he's going to let Lena play him this time.

"But I will see Taehyung this time and you can't stop me from meeting the person I love." Jeongguk says sternly and firmly, letting her know once and for all that he's not stepping back.

"You took Taehyung away from me last time, I won't let you do it this time." Jeongguk says and walks away, sitting on the bench nearby.

Jimin and Hoseok walk towards Jeongguk, telling him that everything's going to be okay. Taehyung is not stupid, he won't just leave with his mother without hearing everything and if he trusts his love and believes in Jeongguk enough, he'll understand him and not leave.

----------------------------

Taehyung was quiet all the way back to the dorms. He didn't say a word to anyone, Jeongguk, his mother or his friends, didn't even look at them. He was not in pain at all, he was relaxed, oddly calm because he was trying his best to remain thoughtless even though there's a storm of questions inside him, ready to be unleashed.

Maybe he's not just ready to hear everything yet. He has already figured out a bit but still, Jeongguk and his mother have alot to tell him and he has alot to ask.

"Taehyung." Jeongguk whispers. He was next to Taehyung in Hoseok's car and they were now outside the dorm.

Taehyung just opens the door and steps out of the car. Taehyung is doesn't wait for anyone, just goes upstairs towards the dorm. Everyone quietly follows him. Taehyung stands infront of the door and Jeongguk hurries to unlock the door after Jimin hands him the keys since he was the one to lock it.