chapter seventeen 』

"Ummmmm

"Ummmmm."

"Kookie doesn't want to play the game with me! Kookie doesn't like TaeTae!" Taehyung said accusingly, with his light, dreamy blonde hair sweeping over his two round hazel eyes. He moved back from Jungkook, while hugging kid knees in the blankets.

"It's a different kind of game I don't think you would enjoy TaeTae. It's not very fun to play too," Jungkook said, inching closer to Taehyung who had moved farther away from him which Jungkook didn't particular like.

"What kind of game?" Taehyung grumbled and asked curiously at the exact same time, purposely avoiding Jungkook's warm, comforting eyes that were searching for his.

"It's...a game people who love each other a lot likes to play," Jungkook said hesitantly.

There was silence, and then tears rolled down Taehyung's cheeks with eyelids puffy, as he continued to huddle and trap himself into a ball. "Y-Y-You don't like me!"

"What are you talking about TaeTa-" Jungkook started but was cut off by a hurt and angry Taehyung.

"Don't call me that! Leave me alone Jungkook!" Taehyung said fuming, and he turned his back from the younger boy who now had a broken and cracked heart from the older's harsh actions.

"I h-h-hate you!"

Jungkook sat there.

Taehyung turning around Jungkook exactly the way he just did, physically and emotionally hurt the younger boy. His breaths came unsteady and his heart was thumping emotionally fast and inconsistently. His mind was a blur and so many thoughts rushed in and out of his head like people working in an industrial cubical office.

Jungkook's heart was now broken into shattered glass pieces from the loose stitches that held it all together through the tough and difficult moments of his life. The stitches were Taehyung. Now they were falling out of his grasps every time he tried to grab the strings, to close the gash wounds.

Every time Jungkook reached for Taehyung, it felt like his hand was never actually touching him. Instead of his comfort, Jungkook only felt light air, cupping around his cold, shaky hand temporarily before leaving him forever by himself into his own sanity.

Now he was alone. All alone in this feeling of empty ness and addiction or desire for someone you can't have. Taehyung's words bit at him like claws of birds scraping him over and over again.

It was normal for Yoongi to say those words to him. It was normal for Namjoon to say that to him. But, Taehyung rarely said those words to anyone, and that made Jungkook feel...unwanted.

Jungkook felt like he was a chore, that Taehyung only pitied him, being the only reason why Taehyung acted like he loved him.

People said that Taehyung was more fragile than Jungkook because of his innocence and naive personality. Let's be honest though, in reality being innocent doesn't mean you break down five million times after just getting back up again with bruised knees.

It's Jungkook who's more fragile. More likely to break. More likely to shatter. More likely to shatter and not bother to glue himself back together.

He wished he could be someone who was perfect. A person Taehyung deserved. Not someone who was depressed and broken to a million pieces if someone wasn't there for him. Every time he looked in the shiny mirror, he couldn't help but think of who he was and his terrible violent behavior to his own body.

His eyes began to water to the brim and he could feel the droplets fall down his cheeks to the floor. Jungkook let them fall. He let them go over the edge.

He let himself fall.

Jungkook walked out of the tent in tears, and ran to the long, thick twine rope, not even knowing where he was going. There was clear and obvious sign that read "ANIMAL DANGER AHEAD! DO NOT CROSS!"

There was a time where a young little girl entered this section of the woods and never came out. Secure police officers had to carefully enter the area to find her body shredded terribly from the baring teeth of wolves and wild dogs.

Everyone knew about this story. Everyone knew not to cross the rope. Parents always told their children to not cross the rope. The chances of you making it back out if you crossed is nearly impossible.

Jungkook read the warnings over and over wearily, but didn't care at this point.

Jungkook crosses the rope, pulling his hood over his head.

When glass shatters, even if you glue the object back together, it would never look or ever be the way it was before.

Jungkook would never be the same.

He ran, he ran until he ran into objects and sharp leaves that were secretly ninja knives. Making his knuckles and knees bleed red, and thrashing his body until he had deep cuts all over. His eyes were dimly low and Jungkook's hair was a mess, covered in fallen leaves and dirt from falling down repeatedly onto bark and wooden logs. The colorfully dark bruises began to perform from the boy's aggressive actions.

Jungkook cuddled the tree he ended up being next to, hoping he would be able to go to sleep or feel the comfort of the boy he missed the most. He wanted to beat himself up more, relieve the pain he felt in his heart, but he was weak and couldn't move a centimeter.

Then, he realized he was in front of a cave. He saw eyes of a wolf heading towards him hungrily.

Jungkook brokenly whispered through endless tears, "Help me get rid of this pain, rip me up until I'm dead where I can feel peace."

The wolf did nothing but sit next to the boy close, covering him with it's thick, warm fur from the howling winds and unbearable cold weather.

"Please." The last word that was formed from his lips before he blacked out.

≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫
Word Count: 1190 』
『 Author's Note: 』

• Hey guys! Honestly this chapter is so sad! I know y'all were expecting a smut, but I turned the tables

• Hey guys! Honestly this chapter is so sad! I know y'all were expecting a smut, but I turned the tables. Did you guys get emotional or cry? I think I did while writing this. Not sure if it's because of the cold I caught or if it's cause of the writing.
• Who's side are you on? Jungkook's or Taehyung's? Why?
• Do you think there is a possible explanation to why Taehyung said what he said? Do you think Taehyung intended all of his words? Or do you think he did it by accident?
• Also, the point of view will switch soon to Taehyung's to understand him a little more since I believe you guys know why Jungkook acts the way he does!
• I want to share something with you I thought about one day. People usually heard of the quote, "How can I love others if I don't love myself?" Here's my version.
"How can I love myself if I don't know myself."
Guess that really says something about me. Lmao.
• i purple you! 💜
〜strose1311