chapter twenty-two 』

Days are passing and you can feel in your hands if you were experiencing the seemingly forever hours itself

Days are passing and you can feel in your hands if you were experiencing the seemingly forever hours itself. The energy we once had together as seven pulled apart like magnets and replaced with tension. Tension, snatching us apart from each other like wolves hungry, baring their teeth.

When we sit together during our lunch period, we appear to be a group of tired, silent children forced against their own will to be friends with each other by their own parents. Behind a sheer, clear, see-through glass window appeared so suddenly.

Only a week or so ago, the seven of us, Bangtan, were laughing and radiating with bright happiness and joy out of our souls whether it was intended by ourselves or not.

I'm walking down the dusty streets after school on my own today, since Jungkook is currently aimlessly a monotone robot, studying for the upcoming exams and tests. Wind pushes against and embraces my face, with my shirt hugging my body like a blanket.

I'm silently thinking in my head, as herds of students step down from the backdoor exits of the blue and yellow, familiar metro, public transportation bus vehicle. The gossip girls hold their plastic binders as they prance on the rocky concrete, jangling their bracelets and silver necklaces.

I sigh, wanting to reach my house quickly since my teachers seem to never mind or acknowledge the outrageous number of multiple hundred paged textbooks we are responsible of. Twirling my metal ring of keys around my finger, I held on tight to the white strap of my black and white backpack.

As I step up the porch of my house, I notice the lid of our mailbox is raised, meaning we were delivered some mail. With my fingers, I plug in the correct key from the set, releasing the lock from the inside, allowing me to reveal the several white envelopes with black prints and writings on the front.

Pulling the sleek, slightly crinkled enveloped from the storing compartment, I close the box with the shut of the top sliver. My eyes dart to the upper left hand corner where addressed names for the information is given to, is written. Two of the envelopes are dedicated to my father, two is directed for my mother to fill school surveys for my younger sister, named Minsoo.

I shuffle those four envelopes toward the back of my hand to see the last envelope which stood out the most since it was the only yellow tinted colored envelope receipt. The name written at the top is not a name I recognize, neither is any of the names of my family.

With my shoulders restless and tired from the groping of my backpack sagging, I make the decision to figure out who the mail belongs to when I enter my house and drop off the human weight off of myself. Opening the door, exposes my twelve younger sister running up to me with a frown but excited to see my presence.

"Jimin oppa!" Minsoo says, waving and pointing at the paper packet in her hand, with distinct green pen ink on the front with a circle around it. "Look! I got an seventy five on my earth science maps and measurements test!" she says with disappointment, puffy cheeks and sad brown eyes.