Chapter 1

Joe laid on the couch with tears rolling down his cheeks. Did this really just happen? Did Maddeline really break up with him? She was at work and gave him 6 hours to get out of the house.  All he could bring with the clothes on his back and his picture of Maddeline and him. Joe shook his head. "Snap out of it!" He jumped up from the couch and went to the trash can. He ripped the picture in pieces. "She's found a better man?! Better than me?! Who's took such good care of her for so many years? Yeah right Maddeline!" He threw the torn picture in the garbage.

He soon grabbed his bag of clothes and walked out the door. Joe wasn't sure where to go from that point. He wasn't too close to any of his family members and didn't have too many friends around the area. Joe was shy and quiet and didn't talk much. He got into the car and threw is clothes in the back. Without thinking he drove around. "Maybe a nice drive will help me feel better." Joe turned on the radio and 'Love of My Life' by Queen came on. Joe sighed listening to the song. What a coincidence that out of all songs this one would start playing.

He turned the radio up louder as he kept driving. The farther and farther he drove the less worried he got. That's of course until he pulled into a random hotel he saw on the side of the road. Knowing it was late he knew it was a good idea to get some rest.  Joe walked Into the hotel and went up to the check up desk. There was a young man with beautiful blonde hair who greeted him with a smile. "Hello, how can I help you?" the man asked.
"I need the cheapest room you've got for the night." Joe replied.
"Ok that would be $80 per night."
Joe reached for his wallet when he realized he had left it at Maddelines house. "Oh shit!" Joe scrounged around hoping he could find some money in his pocket. Joe felt his face getting warm as he was embarrassed of the sight of him desperately searching for his money. "Sir, are you ok?" asked the young man.
"Yeah, yeah it's just apparently I left my wallet at my relatives house that's a few hours from here." Joe lied.
"How long were you planning to stay here?" The man asked politely.
"Well I was planning to stay here until I got back up on my feet ya know. Just personal stuff." Joe faked a smile.

"Oh, well uh- I will let you stay here for the night for free I'll just pay for it but um, as weird as it sounds maybe we can meet for coffee tomorrow morning and I've been looking for a roommate and have a room open you could stay in." the young man looked down feeling awkward.
"Well um, I mean sure we can meet for coffee tomorrow and we can see how I feel about this from there. I'm sorry this is just very ran-"
"No, it's ok I understand I'm just trying to help." the man interrupted.
"Hey anyways, what's your name?" Joe asked.
"The names Ben and yours?" Ben smiled.
"Joe." Joe smiled back.