Chapter 8

That morning Ben got a text from Joe. 'Morning Ben on my way home' Ben sighed of relief. He got up and threw on a random hoody and some sweat pants. 'Ben?' Joe sent.
'Oh sorry Joe just woke up see ya soon'
Ben put the phone down and headed out to the store. Ben was planning on making up for what had happened between the two. He wanted to make some dinner and surprise him.
***
(2 hours later)
Ben had changed into something a little more presentable. He also made a breakfast dinner knowing Joe had always joked about wishing breakfast was for every meal. 'Hey Ben, I'm 5 minutes away see you soon' Ben was a bit nervous but wanted to make thing right.
'See ya soon buddy'
***
Joe walked in the door to see Ben setting the last of the table. "Oh, hey Joe." Ben smiled at Joe.
"What are you doing?" Joe asked.
"I made a breakfast for lunch/dinner. Don't worry no milk here." Ben joked.
Joe laughed. "Come sit with me." Ben gestured.
Joe and Ben sat down at the table.
"Hey Joey look I'm sorry for assuming I don't even know what went through my head at the moment."
"It's ok I'm not even mad. I'm sorry I just couldn't answer you caught me off guard and I never know what to say."
***
Joe and Ben finished dinner when Ben grabbed Joes hand. "I'm taking you somewhere." Ben said.
"Where?" Joe asked.
"Just get in the car." Ben went outside to unlock the car doors.
Joe sat in the car and so did Ben. "At least give me a clue on where we are going." Joe begged.
"Nope." Ben started driving.
***
(30 minutes later)
Ben pulled into a parking lot. Joe saw a dirt trail leading up a hill. "What is this place?"
"Joe be patient I'll show you." Ben grabbed a blanket out of the back of the trunk. "Follow me." Ben walked up the trail with Joe following him behind. They walked until the got onto the top. There was a beautiful view of the city. Ben layed the blanket on the ground. Joe and Ben sat their quietly for a moment. "Why did you bring me here?" Joe asked.
"It's nice and peaceful here I thought you would like it." Ben smiled.
"It sure is thank you I appreciate it." Joe hugged Ben.
"I think we should talk about what happened." Joe said.
"I- I'm not sure what to say Joey." Ben looked down.
"Me neither but we have to. Did we really almost ki-"
"I guess." Ben interrupted feeling anxious.
"But the question is why?" Joe said quietly trying to sound casual.
"Honestly, I'm not sure." Ben said.
"Ben, d-do you l-like me?" Joe shivered at the thought of those words.
"I- I don't know Joe. I can't handle this right now." Ben stood up. "Let's get going." He whispered.