Chapter 22

(Side note: just wanting to let you know I've been doing some lessons online and random shit trying to find ways to improve my writing hope you guys are still enjoying besides my crappy writing skills)

"I'll be right back I'm gonna go get some breakfast down at the cafeteria." Ben faked a smile and kissed Joe on the cheek.
"Ok babe can you get me a muffin?" Joe asked trying to brush off what just happened.
"Of course." Ben left the room and Joe held the phone in his hand before calling Paul.
***
J is Joe
P is Paul
***
P: Where the hell are you Joe?!
J: Not at home that's all you need to know Prenter
P: Oh trying to hide I see? Watch it Mazzello I won't hesitate to twist the story around, no one will believe you.
J: I'm not hiding you're just searching in the wrong places
*click*
Joe hung up and turned off the phone. He sighed to himself in that moment he felt safe but he knew that feeling wouldn't last once they got home. He needed to talk to Ben about this yet Paul had a point. If he had said anything no one would believe him if Paul had said something else. Joe closed his eyes and laid his head back on the pillow. "Just don't think about it right now." He whispered to himself.
***
*20 minutes later*
Ben walked into the room to see a sleeping Joe. He sat the muffin down on the table next to the hospital bed. Ben just sat down on the hospital bed next to him with a worried look. When Joe was sleeping he looked like he didn't have a care in the world. Ben felt terrible that he couldn't make Joe feel any better. Eventually he just crawled up next to Joe and cuddled him. The movement woke him up but didn't mind. Joe wrapped his arm around Ben and just sat there admiring him. 'I love you' Ben mouthed without actually saying it. 'I love you too.' Joe mouthed and stroked Bens hair. "Promise me you will be my pretty boy forever?" Joe laughed and smiled.
"I promise." Ben replied with a giggle following.
Times like these were always the best times. The ones the mattered. The ones that could be cherished forever. Ben enjoyed every moment of it.
"Oh by the way babe I know what you were thinking." Joe said.
"What?"
"I'm not cheating on you Ben I would never do that. I love you too much. Do you trust me?" Joe snuggled into Ben even tighter.
"Yes I trust you." Ben whispered in Joes ear.
  Later on in that day little did Ben realize that his trust with Joe would be tested.

(Sorry for such a short chapter I promise the next one will be longer!)