Chapter 25

Aw shit

Ben blinked quickly trying to somehow change what he saw. "J-Joe what a-are you d-doing?" Ben mumbled nervously.
"I'm having a little fun." Joe laughed and winked. Ben struggled to say anything until he suddenly blurted, "Joe we've got a whole day ahead of us. Please just get ready." He said it in a meaner tone than he meant. "Oh ok." Joe replied looking upset.
Was he crazy? He just had to deal with Prenter yet he's still here pulling this shit? Ben snapped out of his trans and took his pajamas he had changed out of to the laundry room.
***
Joe still looking a little glum walked out of the room dressed, luckily. "You ready?" Ben asked smiling at Joe. "Yeah." Joe said in a sad but short tone trying to smile. Ben opened the door running like an excited toddler to the car. Holding the door open for Joe. "Get in! Oh, I'm so excited Joey! I've got so many things planned today! I can't wait to show you!" Ben continued rambling without shedding too much information of what it was. Joe just listened quietly as he rambled enjoying his fiancés soft, deep voice that occasionally squeaked when he got excited over another topic.
That made Joe laugh and forget about what happened. It wasn't like it was a big deal anyways. Although not really traumatizing Joe it must've made Ben think carefully about his actions. As the man continued his rambling Joe  laughed as he turned up the radio. "Ok! Ok! Don't spoil the surprise!" Joe chuckled.
"Yeah, you're right. Don't even get me started how excited I am to-"
"Ben!" Joe laughed. They both quieted down and listened to the music.
***
They pulled into the parking lot of this old looking but nice diner. Ben opened the door for Joe and grabbed his hand. "Care for breakfast?" Ben smiled.
"Of course." The couple walked into the diner fingers intertwined to see a lovely older woman who looked a lot like Ben approach them. "Benny!" The lady threw her arms up in the air for a hug.
Ben let go of Joes hand and hugged his mother. "Hi mom! It's nice to see you." Ben smiled quickly grabbing Joes hand again.
"And you must be Joe. Every chance Ben gets he's calling or texting me about you. It's lovely to meet you." The sweet lady hugged the young man.
She lead them to a table without giving them menus. "I'm going to come sit with you guys in a second I'm going to make sure they have everything ready for you."
"But we didn't even ord-"
"Shush! It's a surprise!" Ben beamed. Joe jumped but smiled at Ben. He's the sweetest. Ben grabbed Joes hand under the table.
(5 minutes later)
Bens mother came back to sit with the men. "They will be out here with breakfast in a minute." she gave Ben a cheeky grin. They really must've had something big planned. Oh boy was he right. The waitresses gave them their breakfast as Ben stood up. "I'll be right back." Ben smiled as he walked happily into another room. He must've had this planned for a while. Joe sat there awkwardly not knowing what to expect. Ben walked back out with a box. Not just any old box, but a bright blue box with ribbons on top of it and what appeared to be a note hanging on the side of it. Joes heart went aflutter he really went all out. "Open it!" Ben exclaimed handing Joe the box.
"Ben you didn't have to do this really." Joe almost felt guilty in a way. "Just open it you dork!" Ben laughed.
Joe smiles as he opened the beautiful box. It was a book. On the cover it had for the love of my life written on it. As Joe went through the pages he started to tear up. Ben had written a letter to him everyday ever since they had admitting their feeling for each other. "Ben, I have no words." Joe still tearing up managed to mumble out. In the corner of his eye Ben and his mother were crying as well. All he could do was get up and hug them. "That's not the end of my surprises, but let's eat breakfast first." Ben was overwhelmed with joy.

I decided to separate each surprise in a different chapter. This is very all over the place but I'm enjoying writing it! Also you're welcome for sort of not leaving a cliff hanger? I don't know and haha Dani you thought. Thank you for reading leave me any suggestions you might have for me in the comments if you'd like 😊