Chapter 12

(The next day)
Joe woke up in a hospital bed. He had felt a sharp pain in his head. "Ow." Joe rubbed his head where it hurt. "Where am I?"
"You're in the hospital." the doctor explained. "Do you remember anything?"
"No, all I remember is walking out of the bar." Joe said trying to stay concentrated.
"We found poison in your system with some testing and you had some bleeding in the head from hitting the ground so hard. Do you know who could've done this to you?" The doctor asked.
Joe knew exactly who would've done this. "Yes, In fact I know who did. It's my ex Madeline."
Joe wrote down her number and address to give to the police.
Joe grabbed the phone from the side of the bed. He dialed Ben's number. It rang and rang for a long time. Then he finally picked up.
(B is Ben and J is Joe)
B: Hello?
J: Ben?
B: what do you want?! I've got better things to do than talk to you.
J: I- I'm sorry I don't know who else to call Ben can you please come visit me? I'm in the hospital my ex poisoned my drink last night. I'll explain everything if you come.
B: she, what?! Your ex? Ok I'm coming
J: Thank you so much Benny I appreciate it
B: I'll be there in 5
***
There was a knock on the door and Ben walked in. Joe looked at Ben and smiled. Ben ran to Joe and hugged him softly and lightly. "Joey explain everything."
Joe explained the whole situation. "I wish you would've explained what you meant when you kicked me out Ben cuz I would've explained everything."
"I'm so sorry I- I promise to always talk to you. Please I promise if you do come back I will never assume again. We can figure this out." Ben played with Joes hair just like he did that one day.
"I- are you sure? I don't know who to trust anymore." a tear rolled down Joes cheek.
"I'm sure." Ben leaned his head against Joes chest.
"I'll take care of you too don't worry about anything Joey."
Joe just sat there quietly. "Give me some time to think." Joe said as he fell asleep. Ben grabbed Joes hand. "I think I love you." He whispered. Joe opened his eyes slightly.
"What did you say?" Joe mumbled.
"I- nothing just go back to sleep." Ben smiled.