Chapter 16

Joe pulled in to see Ben waiting for him. Ben waved at him excitedly. "I thought you were supposed to be at work." Said Joe as he wrapped his arms around Bens neck.
"I know but I asked if I could get off early since we were going on a date tonight." Ben kissed Joe on the cheek.
"You're so great how do I even deserve you." Joe expressed.
***
(Later that day, 4:30pm)
Joe and Ben rushed into the car realizing they were running late for reservations. "I'll Google if there is any faster way to get there we have about 10 minutes to get there or we're screwed." Joe frantically searched on his phone for the fastest route. "There!" Joe turned on the directions and they headed out.
Joe was quite quiet on the way there thinking about what that nasty Paul did. "So Joe was work?" Ben asked. Joe snapped out of his train of thought. "Oh, it was fine. Just a normal day. You?" Joe said.
"Same here."
***
They pulled into the restaurant they had reservations with. "We made it!" Ben and Joe hopped out of the car. With out a second to be wasted they ran into the restaurant and checked in.
***
Ben and Joe went to their table which was outside on a deck. The cool breeze really set the scene. "The waiter will be with you in a few moments."
They looked at their menus. For a moment they were silent Joe noticed Ben looking nervous. "Ben, babe are you ok?" Joe asked concerned.
"What do you mean?" Ben asked trying to act normal.
"You seem nervous." Joe smiles warmly at Ben.
"No, I'm fine." Ben smiled back.
The waiter walked up to them. "Are you ready to order?" the man smiled warmly. He looked awfully familiar. "Ben isn't that one of your friends?" Bens face turned red.
"Uh- I- no." Ben shook his head quickly.
"Joe why don't you order honey?" Ben walked away from the table and excused himself to the bathroom.
***
Ben went to the sink and splashed water on his face. "He's onto me. I want this to be a surprise but I'm blowing my cover." Ben laughed at his terrible acting skills. He took a deep breath. "Ben, you can do this." he stepped out of the bathroom.
"Ready to order Benny?" Joe asked.
"Yeah, sorry I am."
****
It was getting late and the night sky was filled with stars. "Ben, thank you. You are the most amazing boyfriend ever." Joe grabbed Bens hand.
That moment the waiter came out playing an acoustic guitar. "Wait that's Bri-"
Ben got up and bent down on one knee. "Joe Mazzello would you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me." Joe stood up in shock.
"Benny! Oh my gosh I-" Joe started to tear up. "Yes!" Ben kissed Joe softly on the lips.
"I love you." Ben whispered.
"I- I love you too." Joe's face was so red from crying and blushing.