Chapter 2

Joe took the key to his hotel room and opened the door. The room was extremely tiny, with little to no room but it was ok for the night. He threw his bag of clothes on the bed and went into the bathroom. He splashed water on his face and stared at himself for a while. "You're really doing this huh?" Joe sighed to himself.
***
The next morning Joe woke up to a knock on the door. He rubbed his eyes as he went to slip on his white over sized T-shirt. "Who is it?" Joe asked confused. "It's Ben." the voice said.
"Oh shit I'm so sorry I forgot." Joe opened the door. "Do you mind coming in while I get ready?"
"Yeah that's fine." Ben walked in and sat on the bed. Joe rummaged through his bag of clothes and grabbed some jeans and a blue button upped shirt. Joe ran into the bathroom and quickly got changed. He brushed his teeth in a rush and combed down his hair. "Almost ready!" Joe shouted through the door. He ran out the door and put his bag on the drawer next to him. "Is everything ok?" Joe asked realizing Ben was staring at Joe in an odd way. Ben blinked quickly as if he was snapping out of some trans. "Oh, yeah- sorry I was just thinking." Ben stared at his shoes.
"You ready?" Joe remarked.
Ben got up to open the door. The whole way to the cafe Ben was quiet and Joe felt awkward being an introvert himself.
***
Most of the time it was pretty awkward. Ben explained the situation of having an open room in his home. "Tell me, why did you come this way?" Ben asked politely.
"Oh, well, um, you see it's not very easy for me to talk about but just some stupid personal stuff." Joe sipped on his coffee.
Ben nodded even though he was curious of what Joe meant. "Anyways, are you in?"
"Yeah sure." Joe replied quietly.
"Ok well do you want to go get your stuff so we can head out?" Ben asked.
Joe nodded and got out of his seat.
"Thanks for coffee by the way." Joe smiled at Ben.
"No problem." Ben smiled back.