Chapter 5

(2 weeks later)
Joe and Ben have gotten along quite nicely since he moved in 2 weeks ago. Well, except for one thing. Joe has confessed to himself that he had feelings for Ben but didn't want to ruin their friendship thinking Ben was straight.
***
(Saturday, 10:30am)
Ben hit Joe on the head with a cardboard paper towel roll. "Wake up sleepy head." Ben said.
Joe groaned. "No." Joe put his pillow on top of his head.
"Dude get up you've got an interview in an hour." Joe shot up.
"Shit I forgot!" Joe had an interview with a restaurant nearby. Joe ran into the bathroom.
"Hurry up dumb ass." Ben said jokingly.
"Says the person who doesn't know how to spell Scissors." Joe sarcasticly replied.
"You promised to never mention that again." Ben laughed.

Joe threw on an outfit Ben let him borrow for the interview. "Are we getting breakfast before we head there? I'm hungry." Joe asked as he combed his hair.
"Well do you want to?" Ben asked.
"No shit." Joe opened the door.
As the first time they met Ben's jaw dropped. "You look-."
"I look?" Joe asked confused.
"Nevermind." Ben grabbed his car keys.
"Where are we going for breakfast?"
***
(After the interview)
Joe walked out of the room he was interviewed in. Tears in his eyes Joe didn't say a word to Ben. Joe walked to the car quickly with Ben chasing him. "Joey! You ok man?" Ben asked softly.
"Yeah, I- I didn't get the job they said not to expect a call back. They said they were looking for people who weren't as shy." Joe leaned his head on Bens shoulder. Ben started playing with Joes hair. "It's ok buddy just keep trying."
"Wh-why am I this way? I-I'm a failure." Joe cried softly trying not to cause a commotion.
"You're not a failure I think you're great!" Ben put his hand on Joes chin. "Look at me." Ben lifted his chin up. Joe and Ben made eye contact. "I-." They just stared at each other for a moment. A very, very long moment. Longer than they thought cuz when they snapped out of it they were fairly close.

Joe pulled away. "What just happened. Did we almost just-"
"I-I think so." Ben blushed.
"L-lets just go home."