Chapter 12: Rollercoaster Ride

I swallow thickly before taking a deep breath as I slide into a section of the rollercoaster cart, Aaron slides in next to me, and Gabs sits down in the cart behind us with a relatively cute guy that was in line behind us.

I bounce my right leg up and down, trying to relieve my nerves.

I don't think it's working.

A warm hand lands on my thigh and I just about leap out of the cart.

"You'll be fine, Cassie."

Aaron looks at me and I feel the warmth behind his words course through me as butterflies erupt in my stomach and my heart rate triples because his hand is on my thigh.

One of his warm and soft hands is on my bare thigh.

Why did I wear shorts today?

I wasn't even aware I had these shorts-which barely cover my ass, in case you were wondering.

Warmth travels from his hand and onto my thigh and I stare down at it.

Aaron's gaze follows mine, and when his eyes land on his hand he rips it off and scoots away the tiniest bit.

I roll my eyes at his behavior-what am I, chicken liver-and immediately anticipate the flick.

When it doesn't come, I relax and slowly turn my head to look at Aaron.

He smiles at me before, out of nowhere, he lands a swift, and hard, flick on my nose.

I scowl at him before reaching a hand up to rub my poor and abused nose.

"Jackass," I mutter under my breath.

He smirks and faces front again.

As soon as his attention is off of me and I'm no longer distracted from the inevitable start of the ride, my fingers begin tapping against my leg.

I recognize the song as the treble part of Für Elise by Beethoven.

I didn't even know I remembered the song. The last time I played it was-

I shut down the train of thought before the memories hit.

I've been doing that a lot lately.

I'm connecting everything back to Ky-him, and I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before I start to connect things to her, too.

I don't know what's going on with me.

It's been so long since I've thought about either of them, and I thought I forgot about them for good.

I wish I had. It would be easier that way.

Aaron's left hand entwines with my right, which was previously still tapping away, and sets our joined hands on his lap.

He scoots closer to me, and leans down slightly to whisper in my ear.

"It's okay, Cassie." His breath hits my ear and I shiver, causing him to smirk. "I won't let go."

His mouth is brushing my ear, and the left side of his body is pressed against the right side of mine.

I give another involuntary shiver, and I feel his chuckle vibrate against me.

I pull away to shoot him a glare, but when the cart shoots forward and begin it's slow ascent up the hill, I grip his hand hard and place my other hand on the bar in front of me.

"Oh God, please."

Aaron laughs. "It's okay, Cassie, you'll be fine. Just relax."

I shake my head. "I can't, Aaron, I can't."