Chapter 47: Didn't Kiss Her

This past week has been really busy and I'm so done :/

But, managed to get this out, so enjoy!

This chapter is dedicated to _myyraaa__ for making me the wonderful cover I currently have (she made me three and I'll be trying out all three of them over the coming months, so let me know what you think). Don't forget to go check out her profile if you want a cover!

---------

It hurts more than I thought it would.

Compared to what I felt when I found out Aaron was dating Tiffany, this is pure agony.

My heart physically aches in my chest. Sometimes, I think it's just given up, the pain too much for it to handle.

The hotel I'm staying at is nice, but not too nice. It's simple and minimally decorated.

The walls are an off-white color, and the sheets on the bed are white. Most of the other furniture is an ugly brown, but it works.

At least, I think it does; I've been too busy curled up in a ball on the bed and staring at the wall while I try not to cry.

I just... Everything hurts.

I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I mean, it's not like they had sex or anything, right?

But it feels like they did. It feels like I walked in on Aaron having sex with someone that wasn't me, and it's killing me.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that all they did was kiss and I feel more hurt than I did with Kyle, or the fact that he took Tracy's side.

He could've at least asked what happened instead of what I did, like it was my fault.

My feelings are like one of those things on a playground, the ones where a child sits on each end and pushes off when their feet touch the ground. A teeter-totter?

Who cares.

All I know is that one second I'm drowning in self-pity and good old-fashioned sadness, and then I'm angry because Aaron's a fucknut, and then I'm sad again because he was my fucknut.

He was mine.

And now he's not.

And here come the tears.

I reach a hand up to wipe them away, but they keep coming, faster and faster, until my body is shaking and the sobs leaving my mouth sound like a dying seal.

Before, the pain in my chest was only an ache. Now, my heart is clenching and squeezing and trying to tear itself to pieces.

Because didn't he, technically, choose her?

He stood there, by her side, and comforted her, only talking to me when he assumed I was the problem.

My tears are stealing my breath, so much so that it's at the point where I need to sit up so I don't suffocate myself.