One

"Run Claire, Run" Lori yelled

As we ran through the woods we could hear the sound of pounding feet hitting the ground. It was the sound of the wolves howling in the distance that made it more terrifying.

"Lori, hurry we are almost there." I called to my younger sister. We could see the creek ahead. We both jumped over a log we could hear the trackers gaining on us. Once we were on the edge of the creek. Looking at one another Lori took a step back

"I can't do this anymore Claire" My sister cried, I turned her towards me "Lori, once we cross this we will be with Mom and Dad."

"But Claire, we don't even know if this place is even real"

"We don't have a choice" she looked at me and nodded. Turning back towards the creek we could hear the howls getting closer and the yelling was sounding even more than before.

"We have to catch them, the alpha wants them." someone yelled we headed in the water, it was freezing cold. The Winter air was not helping with the water I knew if we didn't hurry we would be killed either by the cold air or stuck being a breeder. Lori was being swept away by the current.

"Come on Lori we have to keep moving"

"I'm trying" as we got to the middle of the creek I felt my foot get pinned. I couldn't get it lose.

"Lori Help" Lori turned around she was headed back when we could hear the men. Turning around we could see the lights from the flashlights. Turning back to watch Lori, I knew that if she stayed to help me we both would end up in the program.

"Go, quickly" was all I could say.

"What... No I'm not leaving you"

"Look you need to leave. Lori find Mom and Dad"

"No, I cant leave you" she was crying now the tears were falling down her cheek.

"Yes, you can" with that I pushed her toward the other side. As she finally walked all I could do was send a small prayer that she would make it back safely. She made it across and out of the sight I turned back; the men have caught up to me once they were in view the wolves were standing in front of them growling.

"Where is she" A man asked me.

"I have no clue who you mean" Stuttering, shivering from the cold wind that blew by.

"You better get a clue girly"

"What makes you think that I would tell you anything."

The man that was asking the questions looked at me then at the woods beyond. I knew that he figured that she was gone. Heading to the one place the program couldn't get to.

"Forget it, Get the girl we would like her to have all ten toes" one of the man jumped into the creek and helped me out of the freezing water; once I was on the bank

"You will fetch a pretty penny" the man stated and smirked. Turing around to head back in the woods. I scowled at the mans retreating back lifting my head I yelled so that all of them could hear me.

"Your all a bunch of dogs" the silence was all I could hear the rushing water and the birds silenced for a moment. The man turned back around and walked back up to me and growled. Some one behind me yelled back "We know and we love it" Turning around just in time to see the man standing next to him slapped him on the back of the head.

"Dog Really"

"What" he shrugged his shoulders

"Shut up you two" turning back to me "Grab her" with that we headed back to my life as a breeder.

****I hope you will like this story. I don't know where I'm going with the cover so if you have any ideas I would love to see what you got. ****