Finally leaving the hospital

-fast forward 4-5 days-
———————————————————————————
MY POV
This entire stay I had been asleep, at least the majority of it. It's crazy how fast time goes by. I also didn't realize Spence actually stayed the whole entire time. He fell asleep in the chair poor thing. I groan as I open my eyes, fluttering my eyelashes a few times before completely opening my eyes.

I groaned again as I sat up. Then I saw Spence on the chair, his head tilted all the way back with his arms crossed as he slept. He also snored a little, it was cute. "He doesn't have to know that I know that right?" I thought to myself, letting out a soft chuckle.

He stayed there for about 10 minutes before waking up. He groaned and winced a little, I can only imagine how his neck feels now. Poor thing is in pain now in his neck and is very uncomfortable.

Nonetheless, I smile as he wakes up. "Well good afternoon, sleepy head" I said as a little chuckle escaped my lips.

He scratched behind his neck and rubbing it as if it's a little sore. "Afternoon?" He said in his adorable groggy and sleepy voice. "Yes, afternoon" I said chuckling yet again.

He smiled and tilted his head down as if he's embarrassed, probably thought he would've woken up before me. "Sorry about that" he said as he's still rubbing his neck a little bit. "It's okay, don't worry about it" I said smiling. He smiled back at me.

He adjusted himself in the chair, I can't help but want to get an ice pack for him for his neck. Might as well take advantage of the opportunity considering we're still in the hospital. I pressed the red nurse button they said to press if I needed anything. "Yes?" A soft females voice coming from the remote. "Can I have a nurse come in here for a minute please?" I asked. "Sure! Be there in a minute!" She said. "Thank you" I said back.

Next thing I know a nurse came in the room, "what can I help you with ma'am? Everything okay?" She said in a soft concerned voice. "Yes, I would just like an ice pack please." I said. She looked confused for a minute. Then I kind of tilted my head giving her the hint it's for Spencer. Her eyes widened a little bit. "Yes ma'am, I'll be back in a minute" she said as she nodded her head and talked off.

Spencer looked confused. "Okay then" he said not knowing what's going on. "So I go home later on today, I'm excited. Also means I can go back to work." I said as my voice got a little higher pitched from excitement.

Spencer smiled, "I know" he said with his arms crossed. "I can't wait for us to go home either." He said still smiling.

I heard a knock at the door for my room, "come in!" I said. The door opened. "Here you go ma'am, I'm sorry it took a minute to get it" the nurse said. "It's okay, don't worry about it. Thank you" I said as the nurse nodded and walked away. "Here you go Spence, for your neck" I said handing it to him.

He smiled and put the ice pack on the back of his neck. "You didn't have to do that you know" he said. "I know I didn't have to, I wanted to. I couldn't stand seeing you in pain cause you slept in that chair" I said, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow. He let out a chuckle. I did the same.

Not too long after they a nurse comes in with my discharge papers. "I bet you're ready to go home huh?" She said. "Oh yeah" I said as I widened my eyes a little bit and biting my lip. We all laughed a little.

She went over the papers just before walking out, "so you understand everything right?" She said making sure. I nodded. "Yes, thank you" I said. "Of course, glad you're able go to home. I hope you feel better!" She said. "Thanks again!" I said. She nodded and left.