Better Safe Than Sorry

(1389 words)

SPENCER'S POVI try so hard to fall asleep with her, but it just wasn't happening

SPENCER'S POV
I try so hard to fall asleep with her, but it just wasn't happening. I kept on thinking about what happened with Trevor.

...over and over, and over again. Each time I think about it, the more I realized I did nothing and made no attempt to protect her in that very moment. I was in complete shock. But, even then I feel that's no excuse to not protect her.

I feel so ashamed I didn't do my job, and say what I said I'd do and protect her from anything and anyone who would step foot here in my apartment, or anything who would dare to try and hurt her.

Especially how it is right now with her being pregnant. I started to get stressed out the more I thought about this. I can't handle it just thinking about it; sitting here in bed and just thinking about it.

So I got up out of bed. I slowly got my arm from around (y/n) since she was asleep. Slowly but surely though I got my arm from around her successfully. I slowly put my legs around to the edge of the bed, I then I slowly got off of the bed; making sure I didn't make any noise to wake her up.

I had both hands on each side then I gently pushed myself off of the bed.

Then gradually started to stand up as I was still bent over from gently pushing myself off of the bed.

Being as quiet as possible, it works. Luckily, I know where the creaks are from the hardwood floor so I know where to step not to wake her up.

I start tiptoeing to get to the living room. 5 minutes go by and I'm near the door, I tiptoe one more time around a floorboard of the hardwood floor.

That was only because I remembered there was a one that would creak once in a while, but sometimes it wouldn't.

Still.. better to be safe than sorry, right? I thought to myself. I gently shook my head from that thought, putting my hand on my forehead. Having my middle finger and thumb rubbing against my temples.

After I rub my forehead, I glide my hand through my hair. I make coffee, while the coffee is being made I grabbed my favorite mug. I put it near the coffeemaker.

I walk over to the living room and sit on the couch. I turned the tv on. It startled me. I had no idea it was on a high volume, I turned it down as quickly as I could.

I turned it down to where I could still hear it, but it was low enough for her to be able to sleep.

Just thinking about her laying there, peacefully sleeping meant everything to me. The only problem we have is her obsessive ex, Trevor.