22. Shock

It's been 2 weeks since the girls were born. Silas has been so helpful throughout the night. He gets them when they cry and props me against his chest and helps me hold them while I breastfeed. I've dozed off a couple times and he continued to support their weight so they could eat. He's amazing. I look at the baby monitor and the girls are still fast asleep. I'm not surprised because they got up a couple hours ago to eat and get changed. Silas usually helps me out of bed, I'm still in a lot of pain from birthing. But, today he's no where to be found. I get up slowly wincing in pain. I grab the monitor to take with me and head down the elevator. It opens up into the living room and Owen is covered in blood. Silas is beating him badly. I walk out and jump in front of him just as he punches Owen...except I get the hit and am thrown to the ground. I can't breathe, he got me right in the chest. My stomach starts cramping and I feel blood coming out of me. My stitches tore when I fell.

"Aurora!" He yells. He kneels down to my side.

"Baby I am SO sorry. I didn't react in time to pull my hand back. Are you hurt anywhere??" He asks

"M-my chest hurts...and my stitches are..." I trail off

He looks down and his eyes widen. He stands up, punches Owen to knock him out and rips my pants off, blood is dripping. He opens the couch and pulls out a first aid kit.

"I'm so sorry Aurora..I'm so sorry.." he says with tears in his eyes.

He grabs the needle and stitching material and stitches me up as quickly as he can.

He takes off his sweat pants and helps me put them on. Thankfully he has basket ball shorts on under them. He stands up and scoops me up, gently standing me on my feet.

"Are you okay?" He asks taking my chin in his hand and tilting me up to look at him.

"Yes...thank you.." I say quietly

"What happened..why were you doing that to Owen..." I cry

"He's got worse coming when I cut his dick off." He says

"Why..what did he do..."

"You don't want to know."

"Tell me."

"I caught him jacking off to your pictures. I tried to shake it off but then I caught him jacking off to you last night when you were in the kitchen."

My jaw DROPS. What the hell!

"I'm not even close to being done with him." He spits on his unconscious body.

I wrap my arms around his neck and go on my tiptoes to kiss him. He strokes my hair and inhales me.

"Thank you for always protecting me Silas.." I look up at him

"You and the girls are my world. I love you." He says kissing my forehead.

"Now get out of here before he wakes up. You don't need to see this." He says concerned.

"Okay.. I'll go to the kitchen."

"The girls are okay?" He asks

"Still fast asleep!"

He nods and I leave the room.

On my way out I hear Owen begging and yelling. I walk quicker to get away and jump as I hear gunshots. I take a deep breath and practically inhale the food on the counter. Trying to distract myself from what just happened.