31. Fighting

I trudge up to the front door and Silas grabs my hand. I whip around and pull out of his grasp.

"DONT TOUCH ME! DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME!" I scream, tears running down my face

"Aurora stop. This is ridiculous."

"No, what's ridiculous was trusting you." I shove him and he trips, falling to the ground.

He stands up with his hand out to me.

"Aurora stop. Please. I don't want to hurt you." He says calmly

I see Slater step up out of the corner of my eye.

"HURT ME?! You've already hurt me enough." I scoff

He reaches out to me again and I shove him once more, he steps towards me and I punch him in the jaw. My hand explodes in pain and hold it.

"I said stop!" He yells as he shoves me to the cement.

My head bashes against the ground and blood pours from the side of my head. I hear shouting as Silas and Slater come to my aid as I black out.

- ——————————————————————————

I wake hours later in a bed that's unfamiliar. I feel my head. It's sensitive but stitched up. I sit up and feel someone by my side helping me steady. I look over and it's Slater. Panic sets in.

"W-What? Where? Silas?" I stutter not able to form the words

"He's at home. We decided it's best for you to be away for a while. He doesn't want to have to worry about you hurting yourself and somehow I convinced him I can keep that from happening."

"I thought he hated you and doesn't trust you.?"

"We made a deal. He has something that's extremely important to me, and I have something extremely important to him. Neither of us is going to risk losing what's important just to get back at each other." He shrugs

I start crying.

"Angel...what's wrong." He looks at me sadly

" I'm not good enough..." I cry

"Shhh that's not true!" He says taking me into his chest.

"I don't understand. What is going on? What about the girls? I breastfeed!" I start to get mad

"Silas has enough in the freezer for now. You can pump more when you need to and he'll pick it up as needed." He assures me

I stand up and take in my surroundings. It's a decent sized cabin. I'm assuming we are still on our property just deep into the woods. I look out the window and see the same waterfall from earlier. Now, steam seeps out of it, looks really relaxing.

"Are you hungry?" Slater asks

I jump from the surprise.

"N..No, I'm fine. I just want Silas..." I trail off and start clawing at my skin.

"Aurora stop. I know you're stressed but you can't keep hurting yourself." He pulls my arms into him.

I scream. He ducks and covers his ears. I scream louder.

"STOP AURORA! YOU ARE SAFE!" he yells

I stop. I look around and find anything sharp and start throwing them at the walls.

"YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE!" I scream at him

I see him pull out his phone and exit the cabin. I pace. This is ridiculous I'm not crazy. I don't need to be here. I need to be with my daughters."