03

IT felt like falling and it was me falling.

Off the couch and on to the ground with a loud thud, of course.

That's how my Monday morning started, by the way. And when I look up, I see that Yeosang's feet are dangling over the edge of the couch - which I assume was where I was sleeping because of how close the distance was from where I fell.

This boy had the audacity to kick me in his sleep!? Yeouch, I feel hurt. Both physically and mentally.

But nevertheless, I pick myself up from the floor and start to get ready for the day.

When I step in front of the mirror, about to wash my face, I see a glint of something else in my eyes that I know wasn't there yesterday morning, or the morning before that, and maybe the morning before that as well. It's like a sparkle and it made my heart skip - since when was I like this?

And I stare at myself for even longer, looking back at the reflection who stares at me. Something indeed swirled in her irises, the longer gaze into them, the more I notice the colours. A soft turquoise, sometimes glinting green and a second later, they're purple, before they fade back into my old brown ones. Like an aurora.

With a small gasp, I quickly turn around to face away from the mirror and slide the left side of my collar down my arm. My eyes peer over my shoulder and that's when I see it in its colours more strikingly vibrant than what Yeosang had described to me earlier this morning. I find myself getting pulled, intrigued and becoming more attached into the symbol carved on my skin so I decide that even if I don't find who I share my star with, at least I know that I've seen them somewhere before.

And that I'm not alone.

Yeosang calls my name from outside, so I quickly pull my shirt back up and hurriedly wash my face and brush my teeth, making myself look a little more presentable in the eye of the public.

"Yes..!?" I call back, hopping out of the bathroom whilst trying my hair up into a ponytail.

"What food do you have?" Yeosang's voice echoes down the hall, telling me that he's probably in the kitchen.

I stride into the kitchen to find the boy scanning through my fridge with a thoughtful look. "I usually have a box of cereal down here..." I say and crouch down to open up a cabinet on the bottom of the kitchen counters, pulling out a box of cornflakes and Milo cereal. "... ta-dah!"

Yeosang blinks before taking the Milo box and helps himself to a generous helping of breakfast. Joining alongside him, I let out an exhausted sigh.

It's only Monday and yet I feel drained already and I shouldn't have negative thoughts so early in the week. That I know, but when you can already feel how exhausting the week ahead will be then, so long energy, I guess.

Furthermore, I can't stop thinking about my star partner - who are they? How old are they? Were they only here to visit the country or are they a resident? Are they nice? What job do they have - or do they not work at all?

There are almost 8 billion people on this planet, which means almost 4 billion stars out there had split their lights. With that many people on board this, I wish they had a GPS system to track down your celestial other.

"Hyeshin, you look ugly," Yeosang stops my train of thoughts, almost making me lose balance of my chin and I can't even imagine what I would do if my head falls down to the bottom of the cereal bowl.

"Yeosang, what the hell -!?"

The boy only gives me a nonchalant shrug. "Nothing, it's a new week and you would've just looked better with a smile, not a frown."