20

"GOOD morning!"

My eyes snap open. I screech, tumbling off the bed with a flail of my arms to keep myself from falling. However, I still land on the floor, face first, with a thud. There's an amused snort from somewhere behind me over the other side of the bed.

That doesn't sound like Yeosang. Nor does the carpet definitely look like mine. My face frowns, picking on the strands of thread.

But a sting on my nose takes my attention off the tan carpet and I heave myself off the floor, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Oww..." I groan, wincing a little at the pain.

Seonghwa chuckles, rushing to me in an instant and tries to make me face him. But I huff, turning away from him, wiggling my nose to get myself used to the feeling. "I'm sorry!" he exclaims. He doesn't sound so sorry, though, as he continues to try and bite down his laughter.

"You're so mean, why did you scare me like that?"

"Obviously I didn't know you were going to leap off the bed like that!"

I plonk back on the bed, letting myself fall on the messy blankets. My fingers still pinch my nose and out of the corner of my eyes, I see Seonghwa starting to look more concerned.

"Does it really hurt that much?" he asks quietly. He shuffles on his spot, nervously biting his lip.

I don't answer. Seonghwa quickly sits down next to me, pulling me up to sit and observes my face. His eyes scan me, placing a hand on my jaw and tilts my head for a closer look. That gesture, of course, making my face flush red and I panic. My mind flashes back to the last time he was this close and feel my heart speed up rapidly.

When he leans a little closer, I shut my eyes and push his forehead back, giggling as I roll off the mattress.

"No, I was just messing with you," I laugh when Seonghwa shoots me his iconic grimacing look.

"No breakfast for you," he mumbles, shuffling out of the room.

"What!? Come on!" I follow after him, jumping on his back, almost throwing him off balance.

Morning has completely taken over the house, it seems, as the fresh golden streaks of the sun washes over the floor. And it looks life Seonghwa himself had just gotten up, judging from how the blinds in the living room were still closed and the lights were still off. He was wearing the same thing last night; a simple hoodie and his shorts, walking barefoot. From what I've seen earlier, his eyes were still puffy and his cheeks were still tinted a little pink with natural blush.

Pretty.

Pretty but annoying. Seonghwa completely ignores me as he pushes the lever down on the toaster, as he gathers a few eggs from the pantry, and collects a carton of milk from the fridge. I sigh exaggeratedly, sticking my bottom lip out as I take a seat on a stool.

"I'm the one who's supposed to be annoyed at you, you know?" I talk to him, watching him carefully from the other side of the island as he fries his eggs. "I was having a pretty damn good dream, why did you have to wake me up?"

Seonghwa flips his egg.

"Okay, since you're clearly not going to say anything, I'll tell you what I dreamt," his eyes twitch after hearing me, a sign that he's so tempted to respond but he keeps holding it back. I lean back on my stool in satisfaction after seeing him crack a little.

I wave my index finger at him. "You listen, okay? So... in the dream, I was in this cave kinda thing, it was scary. And the only way to get out of it is to fly. So I did, but I had to kick my legs to propeller myself out of there, like I was swimming or something. I know, crazy right?"