37

AFTER parties are what you expect after parties to be―loud, bright, wild and most definitely food. There's a small resort not too far from the beach and that's where it's being held. It is nearing sunset and everybody is looking as lively as ever.

Since the wedding was in the morning and there had been many hours in between to spare, I'd been spending the time hanging out with Seonghwa and his cousins. Least to say, it was fun; I got to know Jongho a little better and it turns out that he will be performing later after dinner, we played a so-called volleyball match on the sand (in our full formal attire) and San ended up with a sore throat after because he was the referee. Seonghwa didn't play though, he preferred standing by the side and sacrificed himself to be the little kids' punching bag.

As I mentioned, hours have passed and we are all at the resort now. We've had a change of clothes ― a somewhat less formal choice but still fit enough for dinner and partying. The summer dress I'm wearing is swishy with the sleeves down to my elbows. It's pale yellow in colour, a happy hue to add to the festivities. I had put my hair up in a loose higher ponytail and Yoonjin had actually helped me style it to spice it up a little bit.

Seonghwa waltzes in with an elaborated stride, showcasing his all white outfit. I frown.

"Hwa, this is all white," I say, thumbing at the material of his dress shirt.

"Yes, I know, I can see," he replies smartly.

My tongue clicks the roof of my mouth. "But there'll be chocolate fountains," I tell him, "don't you have anything else?"

"You're wearing a dress as equally as bright," he points out with a pout.

Sighing, I run my hands down both of his arms before patting them at the elbows. "Then I trust you to not get it stained, yes?"

"Yes ma'am," Seonghwa salutes me before taking my hand and leads me out of the room.

The newlyweds have yet to arrive and next to me, Seonghwa gapes at all the decorations as we walk down the hall to find our seats. He spots the chocolate fountain by the corner and I swear, I could see the hearts in his eyes. Could I expect any less of him though? I suppose not.

Somehow I manage to keep Seonghwa away from the fountain for the remainder of dinner (but that doesn't mean I didn't catch him stare after it like some kind of high school crush). The food was great, like any free foods are and truth be told, if my stomach had any space left, I'd ask for seconds.

Dinner aside, the evening was going smoothly.

Smoothly meaning Seonghwa, in tow with the rest of his cousins, ran up to the cake as soon as it was cut only to be left with temporary disappointment when they make priorities for San because of his leg. I hear Seonghwa's complaint of being injured too and says that he's still bandaged up at the shoulder but from next to me, I hear Yoonjin snicker and mutter something along the lines of how it's his fault he decided to come without his crutches.

Nevertheless, Seonghwa gets his cake after San did. It's amusing to see him stagger back from the front of the room with two paper plates in hand, grinning victoriously at the slices of the said dessert atop it. San, who had been keeping me company, scoffs at his cousin. "He's going to get diabetes at this point," he mumbles quietly but ironically, munches on his second helping.

How do people have big stomachs anyway? I'd like one, because not going to lie, the cake looks very appetising.

"Seonghwa, I told you... I'm full," I say when Seonghwa finally joins us, placing one plate on the table.

At this, Seonghwa smirks knowingly. "I know! That's why I'm getting your share."

"Don't go complaining when you get too full," I warn him, crossing my arms over my chest as I look at him accusingly.