31

AS soon as Wooyoung walked out, I find myself just staring blankly at my painting. My mood to continue has dissipated and I don't really find the point of carrying on with it.

So I place my canvas that is now freshly wet with paint back on the drying rack, rinse all my brushes, my tubs of water and palette so I can leave them to dry, hang my apron back on the hanger. The primary school painting program will start soon and it's best if I leave now instead of rushing to get my things out of the way later on.

It will be Saturday night in a few hours. I was hoping I could go out somewhere and have fun a little since the project has been taking a lot of the space in my mind lately; eat at a restaurant, take a walk, start looking for a dress and even visit the arcade to play that damn punch-a-mole game I hate so much.

Well, maybe the punch-a-mole game would be a bad idea since my shoulder is still a little bit sore but the idea of going out seems nice.

Speaking of going out, maybe Seonghwa wants to hang out tonight if he's done with everything?

I feel myself frowning as I cross the road, feeling a little bit uneasy that Seonghwa hadn't said anything else since this morning. He's busy, I totally get it, but despite how busy he usually he gets, he'd always make sure to send a picture (even if it's something as insignificant as a lady bug on a pot or a single leaf of a plant or fallen crumbs on the carpet).

Whatever, I shouldn't even be worrying.

But I am.

There's a slightly troubled feeling at the pit of my stomach. Maybe I'm ovethinking too much. However, it's a feeling I can't shake off. I let out a sigh, closing my eyes for a little bit before continuing my way down the street.

I pass a toast stand and my stomach rumbles at the smell. I realise I haven't had my lunch yet so I fish my pockets for any money slipped in there and approach the stand and help myself to a toast.

While I wait for my toast, the lockscreen on my phone shows a ray of notifications from Wooyoung (and his very obvious panicked state).

And how he wants to back out of it now but it's too late because Yeji spotted him already.

And how he wishes to disappear because she's walking closer and he still has no idea how to address it.

"Stupid," I mumble under my breath, typing the words 'good luck' in response to his messages.

My thumb hovers above Seonghwa's contact, debating on whether or not I should try to call him. The moment is filled with my own thoughts, debating on whether or not this is a good time to call ― if he's busy or not.

I laugh silently to myself. Of course Seonghwa will have time. He always does. It's just a little... odd... that he doesn't say anything. My eyes shift to the contact below it San's. He didn't say anything either.

So I press the call button next to Seonghwa's name, bringing the phone up to my ear and let the hum of the line ring through my ear.

It goes on for a while; the toast vendor has finished making my food and hands me it. I press my phone against my shoulder and my cheek, saying a quick thank you to the lady from behind the stand as I give her the money.

"Mhm?" I frown when the phone goes into voicemail.

I'm guessing he's busy then.

It would make sense. I can imagine it could be quite hectic preparing for a wedding. Especially a wedding of a relative; there would be so many things to prepare and everyone would be hustling to get things done.