09

"WHAT were you doing at Woo's house anyway?"

I was too busy looking at the road ahead of us to notice the boy next to me had said something. We had just pulled out of Wooyoung's driveway, San shifting the reverse gear into first and the car rolls along the street in a steady speed.

"Huh, what?" I turn my attention on San now, looking at him through the corners of my eyes.

"What were you doing at Wooyoung's house?" he repeats his sentence.

I shrug. "Hyekyung."

"Welp, I should've guessed."

"What were you doing there?" It's now my turn to ask him and I watch as San leans forward on his seat to turn the radio on and it sings a random Katy Perry song from  five years ago. When he leans back, the boy rakes his hand through his hair and messes the locks before turning the vehicle to the right at an intersection.

"Woo's house is my second home, I crash there whenever I feel like it," he tells me, "so what do you want to get? KFC or McDonald's?"

I ponder on the two choices. "I've always been a KFC girl," I tell him then furrow my brows, "but there are no KFC's around this area, where are we going to get it?"

Unexpectedly, San's mouth stretches into a boyish grin, showing his dimples. "Great choice," he comments, "however we're going to take a little longer going back, you good with that?"

Honestly I don't even know but when I shrug my shoulders to answer him, San lets out a giddy giggle which I find was highly adorable. Without warning, he steps on the accelerator and I let out a quiet 'oof' when my body gets thrown back into the seat. The red-black haired boy just snickers, telling me to be careful, clearly not meaning it as I see amusement in his eyes and I flash him a glare.

I am stunned when San drives us on to the highway, looking at him with alarm. "We're seriously going out of the area?" I ask him whilst pulling the right side of San's hoodie string in annoyance, making him yelp amusingly.

"Well you did say you wanted KFC," he mumbles with a small pout and I could sense his disappointment when the car slows down a little. A small wave of guilt washes over me seeing the light in his eyes dim a little, they were still there but not as bright as when I mentioned the name of the restaurant.

I bite my bottom lip. "It's just... we wouldn't take that long right? I should be taking Kyung home soon," I voice out hesitantly, "mum said she needs to go to daycare tomorrow and she could be a real brat if she didn't sleep enough."

"We wont be long, don't worry," San says, his spirits lifting a little higher, "and besides, who said I was going to go slow?"

Honestly, I don't know how I'm still alive when I find myself stumbling off the car after San parked the car at an empty spot near the door of the fast food place. My eyes are wide — that boy dared to go almost 30 above the speed limit of the highway and the whole entire time, I've got my eyes locked on the rear mirror, paranoid a police car will chase us down. It would've been better if he did it with a flat face, but he was holding his laughter the whole way here and eventually cracks up when I demand him to slow down.

"What if we got a speeding ticket!?" I say, still dumbfounded at what happened and a little annoyed for almost making me have a heart attack at such a young age.

And San walks ahead of me with light steps, almost looking unbothered. "Eh, it's Woo's car anyways so it's fine," he simply tells me with a smirk and I let my jaw drop at how nonchalant he's being.

"How could you be so relaxed?" I ask him, tugging on his sleeve as the both of us enter the building and a whiff of warm air blows on our faces, making San scrunch his nose at the sudden change of temperature.