18

"MAKE IT A BIT QUIETER!" Yeosang's voice booms, breaking me from my train of thoughts. "NO NEED TO RUB YOUR HONEY BOO-BOO'S PRESENT IN MY FACE!"

I'm back in my sucky apartment room, Yeosang somewhere in the flat and maybe whipping something up in the kitchen (to which I should really keep an eye on) but I'm staring at the ceiling instead. I keep my mind occupied with the instruments of 'the Colours of You: Aldebaran', Seognhwa's little album he gifted me. All five songs I've memorised by heart, Aristrocrat still being my favourite. It brings me back the feelings that washed over me when he first gave it... it makes me giddy and happy inside.

Today was New Year's Eve and as the clock gets closer to 3 pm, I start to feel a churn in the pit of my stomach. There was this party Wooyoung had invited me to, said it was one of our English classmates which I barely pay attention to. And the party was nearing sunset time until... who knows what time.

As much I wanted to decline the invitation, Wooyoung reminded me of the one time I owed him a favour and that it will really come in handy for tonight.

But Seonghwa wouldn't be there, the silver haired told me. And a part of me wilt in disappointment when I heard him say that. Wooyoung didn't tell me exactly why, but San will try to make it in his place... if he's bored enough. Parties like these make me think twice, though. I'm not an anti for it - in fact, I love them. The energy of lots and lots of people gathering in one place givees me a nice feeling and I love being part of that but there are things I need to be careful of. However, if Wooyoung tells me San will likely show up, I can breathe a little easier.

"For Goodness' sake, Hyeshin, if I hear his voice one last time I swear, I will throw your phone out the window!" my best friend screeches as he burst into the room, in his hand a frying pan and the other a spatula.

Chuckling, I get up from my bed. "You're just jealous," I say teasingly, pushing my index finger on to his forehead.

"Exactly what I'm saying!" he cries, following me back into the kitchen. "Nobody was sappy enough to give me a sappy gift."

"Nobody did, did they? How about Yunho, did he give you anything?"

Yeosang scoffs, amused. "Funnily enough, yeah."

"What?"

"A mocha on the house," he answers, flailing his spatula in the air once he's set the pan down on the stove. "What kind of gift is that? We're friends now, and I gave him an apron! A custom one! With his name on it!"

I let a snicker escape my lips. "At least he got you something."

Yeosang clicks his tongue, shoulders slumping a little as he flips whatever he's cooking on that pan. "I need a boyfriend," he muses.

"You're extremely lonely," I add on.

"Unfortunately."

Then an idea popped into my head. "Sang, Wooyoung invited me to a party... let's go boyfriend hunting!" I suggest excitedly, hopes rising at the thought of actually going there with someone I know that wont leave me behind like a lost dog.

"What? Tonight?"

"Yeah? You were planning on staying the night here, so might as well,"

My best friend stands there, back turned to me as he thinks hard, whilst trying not to burn his cooking. I watch him, eyes full of hope, wanting to go as to keep my promise to Wooyoung but if he doesn't want to then, I'll have to make myself comfortable in my room.

Finally, Yeosang turns to me. My eyes light up.

"No."

But he ends up coming with me anyway.