38

THAT morning, I wake up being aware that something was enveloping me. My subconscious mind is set on alert―this was not how I was supposed to wake up. Yesterday evening, I was so sure I was on my bed next to the window in Chaeyoung's room... but something feels off. The atmosphere feels different; Chaeyoung told me she'd get up for an early beach-side run but I don't hear any rustling of her preparations.

That's when I feel something―or someone, rather―shift and I notice something I failed to do before. An arm snakes around my waist, pulling me closer to somebody and I almost scream at the skin-to-skin contact. What and whomst the fuck?

I try to pry myself away from whoever I'm attached to but the body hugs me tighter, humming lowly in disapproval. Instead, I feel someone's hair tickle the base of my neck as they nuzzle into my collarbone.

Wait... was that..?

"... Seonghwa?"

My face flushes, recalling the bits and pieces I could remember from last night. For some reason, I can't remember the entirety of it but judging from the ghosts of tingles left on my skin, I have a fair idea of what happened. It makes me blush an even deeper red.

In response, Seonghwa groans. "What?" he mutters under his breath but voice muffled due to him speaking into my skin.

"N-nothing," my palms curl into a fist and I let out an internal scream whilst also biting back a grin.

What. The. Hell?

I can't believe I did... we did...

I let out another internal scream. How am I supposed to answer Yeosang when he asks about everything later?

I try to remember everything; starting with how it begun until the end and everything in between. But it comes in small flashes; short and small black and white flashbacks. Maybe I was just too lost? It doesn't matter though. I feel like the more I remember, the more embarrassed I get and the hotter my face will get. That would be unhealthy.

The phone rings, completely breaking the previous silence. Seonghwa flinches at the sound, groaning before turning to face away from me and covers his head with the pillow that was under his head. Before long, I hear his soft snoring again.

I reach out for the telephone, which happened to be on my side of the bed, and press it against my ear.

"Hello―"

Chaeyoungs chirpy voice rings through the line.

"You guys were so loud last night!"

My stomach drops and I'm sure if I could look into the mirror, my face would be white as sheet. "W-what!?"

Then with a teasing tone, she adds: "don't think I couldn't hear you!"

Panicking, I think of something to say. "I... oh my God I didn't realise. I'm so sorry, we didn't mean to―"

Then I'm cut off by Chaeyoung's laugh. I let out a confused hum.

"Oh my God, Hyeshin!" she wheezes, "I was totally joking but I didn't expect you guys actually doing it!"

Why is so hot in here suddenly?

"O-oh, well, I... uh... I-I didn't know that," I splutter, embarrassed. "I―can you please not?"

Chaeyoung's laughs subside a little, though I still hear her smirk through the phone.

"Come on, how was it? San's in the bathroom right now so he's obviously not listening in... I don't think he'll want to listen anyway but do tell me!"