35

"HE'S moved to another ward?"

Yoonjin is on the phone. It's nine in the morning, visiting hours for the ICU starts in around an hour and Yeosang and I have just returned from having our breakfast. As soon as we got back into our room, Yoonjin called.

Yeosang tells me he's going to shower real quick, going past me with his hand signalling in the direction of the bathroom. All I do is nod, focusing on the words Yoonjin say from the other side of the line.

"Yeah, Seonghwa's condition got stable last night and have been ever since, the doctors believed he actually woke up for a little bit before passing out again, probably because of exhaustion," Seonghwa's mother explains, "you and Yeosang are coming today, right?"

"Yep, Yeosang is just in the shower. We just got back from breakfast," I tell her, "Wooyoung said he's coming as well, to see San."

"Ahh... yes... Wooyoung," Yoonjin chuckles, "that boy... I remember when the three of them were still in school. San would get jealous of Seonghwa because whenever we went to their place when Wooyoung was around, Wooyoung would spend his time annoying Seonghwa instead of playing with him."

"Some things just never change, huh?" I comment, recalling all the times Wooyoung simply went out of his way to test Seonghwa's level of patience.

"They don't," Yoonjin agrees, "do you know when Wooyoung will be arriving here?"

"I don't... but he said he's off in the morning so maybe pretty soon."

"Okay, okay... Seonghwa's room is in the Aurora Ward, room 11. I have to go now, I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, bye, Auntie!"

After the call, I let myself fall back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Thank Goodness Seonghwa is getting better and I'd say faster than I expected. Mostly because I know some people don't have the same luck as Seonghwa did, I'm very glad that he's better. It makes me more excited to go and see him today.

With a smile on my face, I make my way to the bathroom and bang on the door. Inside, I hear Yeosang's surprised screech and a clutter. Then comes a long groan and a cry of protest. It makes me snort ― what did he drop this time?

"Don't do that!" he yells, "you made me drop the shampoo bottle!"

"Hurry up then!"

"It spilled!"

"Well, whatever... just hurry up! I want to shower too."

Yeosang takes, of course, another fifteen minutes to finish. His reason? To annoy me and test my patience, okay.  He comes out of the bathroom, grinning innocently and ruffling his wet hair with his towel.

"Just how the hell did you manage to stay in there for that long?" I ask him, entering the bathroom and locking the door after me after sending Yeosang a glower.

"My phone," I swear I can slap that grin away.

"God, now we only have half an hour until visiting hours start," I groan, "I'm blaming it on you!"

"Why me?" I hear his voice call out, dripping in sugar-coated innocence.

"Ugh, whatever, call Wooyoung or something, ask where he is."

"I think I'd rather sleep, thank you," Yeosang mumbles, but loud enough for me to hear.

In that moment, I was more than ready to march out of the bathroom and whip a towel at his head but the second I hear "Wooyoung? Hi, it's Yeosang", I decide not to. I hope that means Yeosang is tired of testing my patience.