24

SAN told me he'd be willing to take my B-TEEZ ticket. I told him as soon as I got home that night. Apparently he had a feeling that Seonghwa would get two and the exact reason why he didn't say anything to me wasn't very clear but nonetheless, San has been trying to watch as much of their music as he can.

So this morning, San accompanies me with getting some art supplies I need for the project. We enter the shop as San blabbers his comments about the music video he watched last night — 'Question', their latest comeback. It's apparently the first ever song he's heard from them (well, that he knows of anyway). He tells me he's sure Seonghwa's showed him something else once but that was a long time ago.

My hand cradles a couple of canvases I decide to work on as I talk with the English student. "So, what are your other thoughts except for Hajoong's rap?" I ask him, picking out another canvas.

San seems to be deep in thought. "The way Xan starts the song is nice," he proceeds to imitate the way Xan's hand trembles while pouring an imaginary wine glass in the video, "it gives it the powerful 'oomph', you know?"

"Oh yeah, that bit was sooo cool!" I gush, picking up a flat brush and poking the soft tip at San's dimpled cheek, "stop trying to copy him."

The blonde pouts, "I bet I can do it as cool as him."

"Doubt that, nobody can compare to Xan."

"Who's your favourite again?" San asks. He takes a couple of the brushes I chose and trails after me as we walk over to the paint section.

"Jung Juyoung," I grin. Halting my steps, I twirl around to face San, causing him to stop suddenly. "I can't believe I'm seeing him!"

San just laughs. "It's so weird, Seonghwa hyung was just talking about how he can't wait to see Park Seonghoon — he's the  falsetto guy, right? — and I felt myself almost puking seeing him go on about it but seeing you fawning over this Juyoung dude is highly entertaining."

I pinch his sides, causing him to yelp. "Was that meant to be an insult?"

"No," San's grin is so wide, his dimples show on both of his cheeks, "it was an almost compliment, you're cute."

"Oh shush," feeling my cheeks tingle with warmth makes me push San away lightly, causing him to giggle.

When we get to the painting studio, San goes back to watching B-TEEZ music videos on the easel next to mine, Yerim's easel, his face scrunching up in concentration as he presses on 'Neverland'. Occasionally, I hear San's random comments about how this one dude's hair is so long it's covering his own face (Seonghoon) and how the guy with the floral set is handsome (that was Xan).

I set one of the canvases I bought on the easel, with my sketchbook on top of the table next to it. My eyes scan the rough pencil scratches on the paper, trying to decide which one I want to paint first. So far, I have 5 sketches done and four of them had gotten the approval tick of the assistant professor.

The day has been cooperating with my mood thus far. Mid-morning sunlight breaks through the glass windows, the perfect natural light to set me in the mood. Of course, even if the weather had been slightly less great, it wont stop me from coming here and starting something. But they say, once you're in the zone, you'll be able to create better.

My hands tie the strings of the painting apron from the back, flicking through my sketchbook from time to time with a pensive look. Designs swirl in my eyes and they may just look like a random cluster of stars — but they were Yeosang's stars. And my mum's stars, and my aunt Taehee's stars... and one that of a random Instagrammer's that I found online.

And yes, yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. But my mind has been occupied with star marks, slightly obsessed I dare say. I can't help think that they're all beautiful, pretty and definitely meaningful. Of course, the paintings that I designed are stretched into a little exaggeration but there is aesthetic as much as there is significance that I just can't let my hands do nothing.